Chapter 5: You're Leaving Me?

"Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain."~Taylor Swift

Kazuichi was sitting at his table in his workshop holding the envelope addressed to him. The letter had been sent from Hope's Peak Academy. He knew exactly what it was and was dreading to open it. He took a deep breath, something (Y/N) taught him to do when and if he was ever anxious. He slowly opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. He sighed and began to read.

'To Kazuichi Soda,

You have been chosen to join us at Hope's Peak Academy as the Super-High-School-Level Mechanic. We hope to see you soon with your fellow classmates who will make up the 77th class.

Chiaki Nanami~Ultimate Gamer

Nagito Komaeda~Ultimate Lucky Student

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu~Ultimate Yakuza

Ibuki Mioda~Ultimate Musician

Kazuichi Soda~Ultimate Mechanic

Gundham Tanaka~Ultimate Breeder

Ryota Mitarai~Ultimate Animator

Mikan Tsumiki~Ultimate Nurse

Hiyoko Saionji~Ultimate Traditional Dancer

Akane Owari~Ultimate Gymnast

Nekomaru Nidai~ Ultimate Team Manager

Teruteru Hanamura~ Ultimate Cook

Sonia Nevermind~ Ultimate Princess

Mahiru Koizumi~ Ultimate Photographer

Peko Pekoyama~ Ultimate Swordswoman

Classes begin September 1st. Please begin living on campus by June 20th so you can get situated and get to know everyone before the first day. We are very excited to meet you and we know you will do good for Hope's Peak.

~Hope's Peak Academy Staff'

Now Kazuichi had mixed feelings about this. On one hand he was excited! He would be able to perfect his skills. He'd get to go somewhere new! But going somewhere new would mean leaving (Y/N). The thought of leaving her stung. He feared her response when she heard the news.

"I'll have to tell her tonight...after our dinner date..." He looked at the time and decided to go clean himself up before their date."

~~(MEANWHILE)

(Y/N) had curled her (H/C) hair and put on a simple yet classy light gray dress. She had been looking forward to tonight's date since Monday when Kazuichi asked her to dinner. There was only one week left of school before summer. (Y/N) was excited to hang out with him through the warm months. She looks down at her phone, "Only thirty more minutes. Tonight will be perfect!" She smiles to herself and walks downstairs to wait.

~~TIME SKIP

Thirty minutes later the doorbell rings.
"I'm coming!" (Y/N) opens the door and hugs Kazuichi. He hugs back and smiles

"Someone's happy to see me."

"You could say that"

"Let's go." He takes her hand and they walk to the cafe that is close to their neighborhood.

"I am so happy about this date tonight. This week was so hard but I know tonight will be great!"

"Y-Yeah, great." He feels the letter in his pocket.

The two had eventually arrived at the cafe and at perfect timing too! Right as they got inside it began to storm. (Y/N) looks out the window.

"Aww darn, I guess no night stroll tonight"

They walk and sit at a table. "It's alright (N/N), I could use a good long sit."

"Hard day in the shop?"

"Kinda, but i'm all good."

As the two ordered and then ate, (Y/N) talked about her day and plans for summer. Kazuichi smiled but felt like everything she said was a stab in the heart. He wouldn't be there to go to water parks or big malls. He wouldn't go bowling or to the fare with her. He'd be hours away and sadly without her.

"And then I thought we could-"

"(Y/N), we need to talk."

"Kazu we've been talking for hours! Whats up?"

He sighs and looks out the window.

"K-Kazu?"

He takes out the envelope and hands it to her. "I'm sorry.''

"Sorry, what is this?" she reads the address of the sender "H-Hope's Peak..." She takes our the letter and reads. As she finishes tears roll down her face. "Kazu i'm happy for you...your dream...but y-you're leaving me?.." She stands. "I thought you s-said forever!" She runs out crying.

Kazuichi chases after her into the rain. "(Y/N)! Please! I'm sorry."

"Y-you're sorry? Why should you be? This was your goal! I shouldn't be-"
He hugs her. "I'll come back. I won't be gone forever. I promise."

(Y/N) looks up at him and he wipes her tears away. "I promised you a love that would last forever (Y/N) and that won't end." He kisses her. A kiss full of love and hope. He pulls away and smiles. "Let's not worry about the day I leave. Let's live for today okay."

(Y/N) hugs him tighter. "A-alright, but until the 20th your all mine and i'm not sharing. It will be just me and you."

"Deal" They kiss in the pouring rain never wanting to let go.