Chapter 6: I Guess This Is Goodbye?

"Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again."~Unknown Author

The remainder of the school year went by fast. Junior year ended and so did the pair's high school journey together. The month of June went by even faster. The two had done a whole summers worth of activities, such as; camping, shopping, swimming, going to the movies and more in that small amount of time. Every day was something new and the excitement never ended...Until today...It was June 20th, the day Kazuichi had to begin his campus life at Hope's Peak. The day was sunny and warm, such a nice day for a sad event.

(Y/N) sighed and held Kazuichi's hand as they stood on the platform waiting for the train. "Are you sure you are going to be okay? What if you get sick on the train?!"

"I'll be okay (N/N)."

"Do you have everything? Your letter? Clothes? Tooth Brush? Clean underwear?!"

"(Y/N)." he places his hands on her shoulders. "I've got everything I need. Well except you but..."

"I know, I'll try to visit if i'm doing well in my classes and if they allow outsiders."

He hugs her. "Please don't miss me too much. Stay strong."

"I'll do my best."

The train enters the station and boarding begins. "ALL ABOARD!"

"That's my cue." (Y/N) hugs him tighter. "Oh (Y/N)..."

(Y/N) begins to cry. "I-I'm going to miss you s-so much!"

Kazuichi kisses her forehead and holds in his tears. "(N/N), I'll miss you too, but this isn't the end. I'll come back for you. Oh (Y/N), I love you so much."

The two kiss, the last kiss they will share for a while.

"LAST CALL FOR PASSENGERS!"

He hugs her one last time. "I'll always love you." He walks to the train and boards with his head down.

"I love you too..." (Y/N) says quietly. The train begins to roll away. She runs to keep up with it until the end of the platform her (H/C) flowing behind her. She stops realizing he's gone and turns to walk out of the station. Once outside she walks to the place where it all began. She sits under the slides and crys. "K-Kazu...Please don't f-forget me...I love you..."

~~~(KAZUICHI'S POV)

Kazuichi looks out the window and tears roll down his face. "Never stop smiling (Y/N). Don't let this take you down." he pulls out a photo of him and her. "I love you more than you will ever know...please don't change..."