chapter 15

(   CHAPTER 15   )
  tumblr 

(   CHAPTER 15   )❛  tumblr  ❜

⋆⋆⋆

[ SPOILERS FOR
'BLOODSPORT' AHEAD ]

thereviewingdead
THE WALKING DEAD - 4x04 REVIEW

wow. just wow. before we start can we applaud june's acting??? like goddamn this has to be my most favourite bottle episode ever. im not a fan of those, but the whole time i was at the edge of my seat!

theres been hate swarming around june's acting lately because of how her character is portrayed, but dont you dare tell me shes not a good actress after this episode. if you haven't watched it yet, this episode was a whole backstory ep about the character lauren martin. at first i was like, okay sure this will be pretty boring, but i was blown away by how thick the plot was of her backstory.

it started out with her and her sister sage, who i could tell was a motherly figure in lauren's eyes. and of course sage bit the bullet, and it was interesting to see how her death would affect young lauren. i really love the actress who played this version of lauren.

then we got to see her being abducted into joe's group, and i could really feel the tension around joe. i knew right off the bat that he was not a good guy. then as time passes june steped forward to act as her young self, and we start to see her open up more. until it gets to the gut wrenching scenes in the cellar. i was speechless when watching the whole thing, i couldn't believe what a realistic performance june did. i actually felt sick to my stomach, and tears swelled in my eyes when watching lauren get physically hurt. im glad they put a trigger warning at the beginning of the ep, props to you twd. im also glad they touched on important issues like this.

then lauren starts to become darker, and we see how she turns this pain into anger. we also see how she sees herself as a monster--which is a reoccurring theme--when we realize joe is doing this because he thinks its all her fault. she kills josephine, and we see a new side of lauren. even in these recent eps we havent seen her first kill without remorse or guilt.

then lauren was on her own and found freya. i could really see the chemistry between the two, which of course broke my heart when lauren walked into the bathroom to see freya dead. by that point i was squeezing my pillow and rocking back and forth, wanting to protect lauren like she was my child. SHE IS MY CHILD OKAY...

lastly, she found the two kids, and she ends up killing both, leading to her breaking point. it was hard to choose between whether or not she deserved the title of monster or not, but that speech man...it brought me to tears. june was exceptional at the part where she put the gun to her head and realized she couldn't do it. i hadn't realized what an amazing actress she was until now.

so far, this has to be my fav ep of season 4. unless another great ep comes along, this one wins the race. what were your guy's thoughts on this episode? do you think lauren is a monster? how much do you want to protect lauren now at all costs?

thanks for reading! till next sunday :)

31,204 notes

REPLIES:

username awesome review! loved the episode a lot too

username I LOVE LAUREN SM NOW LIKE SHE MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS

username JUNE IS SUCH A GOOD ACTRESS IM SHOOK

username im still not okay after that ep

username it was a pretty good ep

username Lauren is an interesting character, but the episode was pretty boring for me.

darylover19 personally i hate lauren lmao. she literally is a brat and kills people for no reason?! can we stop praising killers??

username um?? says the person who literally loves daryl, who has killed people too...

username ikr. just cause you love a character doesnt mean you agree with all their actions.

username YESYESYES PREACH!!

username SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

username i cant wait to see more of lauren this season ☺️

junebuggg this means a lot to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

junebuggg liked your post
junebuggg reblogged your post

_____