chapter 25.

( CHAPTER 25 )
youtube

(   CHAPTER 25  )❛  youtube  ❜

⋆⋆⋆

an explanation - june mitchell

2.7m views
13.5k likes | 1.1k disliked

_____

The camera clicked on, revealing a June that wasn't normally shown in her videos. It was a version of herself that she kept from the world because she knew her viewers always deserved the best smile and the best content she could muster.

But today was different, because none of that mattered anymore.

"Hello world, it's June here. And I was gonna think about starting this video with a sigh and a few tears running down my cheek but thats way too dramatic and overdone on Youtube." She let a smile loose before pulling it back to her normal faltered lips.

"Today I need to further explain my side of the story, and even if you don't believe me, I promise you this is the true side of the story."

She repositioned herself on the bed she was sitting on, which was the hotel bedroom she resided in for Walker Stalker Con. She was sort of glad the convention didn't start till a few days because she needed a little more time to herself before coming to the public.

"As you may have heard, Colton Woods and I have broken up. It was never really...fully stated, but I can tell you that I'm fairly certain that anything good between us is gone. It happened a few weeks ago when my good friend Chandler that I work with on The Walking Dead invited me to a baseball game. Might I add, as friends. Because he's my best friend, and he's even more after everything that's gone down."

June took a moment to unlock her phone and scroll through her text messages with Colton, showing the camera. "As you can see, he was clearly blinded by jealousy that shouldn't have even been there."

June then edited on screenshots from her phone onto the screen so the viewers could read them properly.

"I'm not making this up, this was our conversation. And I was...clearly...very devastated. He was such a good friend of mine, and I never knew this side of him. I just wish I could've seen it beforehand."

At this point her eyes had glossed over with tears, but she never let them fall.

"Then I start to get over it, but he wasn't lying when he told me I was asking for it. I guess I did this on myself, right? I mean, that's what he made me think these past 2 weeks. He then posts a video full of lies and hate, hurting me in ways I never thought he could. I think that was the lowest point for me, in...most of my life. Because a lot of you guys turned on me and that's always been my biggest fear. To have my friends, my family, turn their backs on me because I've hurt them."

June had to tilt her head upwards to keep those tears from falling, but she quickly whipped them away out of camera shot. "God, I hate crying. It feels pathetic, but I think it's good to cry, to get it out. Because there's obviously strong emotions inside of you that needs releasing, so if you're sad, just cry."

She shook her head. "This wasn't meant to be an advice video." She chuckled lightly.

"Anyway, here are the screenshots of my main explanation." June then showed the caption of her viral instgram post explaining her side of the story.

"I'm not planning to repeat the stuff from this post because I'm just so tired of trying to explain myself. I said it once, and now it's your guys' turn. Are you going to stand with me, against online and physical harassment, or are you going to side with the liar? It's your choice. But either way, I love each and every subscriber to death. And I wouldn't wish anything wrong onto you guys. And...especially Colton.

"You're probably waiting for me to 'roast him', right? To make death treats, to go to him and try and punch him, I don't know. But that's never been my motive. I'm a true pacifist, and I would never try to hurt someone intentionally. I just wish that someday he'll learn from this mistake and grow from it. I think we've all made stupid decisions, but instead of continuing them, learn from them. Educate yourself. Be a better person. So I hope you have a great life without me Colton, I hope you grow."

June then leans back onto the bed and lets out a huge breath. "Wow, that was a lot. I feel like I wasn't even planning on saying that much. But...anyway, this is where my video ends, and a new era begins. Thank you to my best friends who have been sticking with me throughout this, and thank you to my amazing subscribers for supporting me in every way you can. I love you to the moon and back."

Leaning forward, she shut off the camera, and the video ended.

_____

12,285 COMMENTS

username
YES YES YES GO JUNE
GO MAMA I LOVE YOU

username
you're such an inspiration.
i was in a similar situation
with my ex last year and i
wish i had this video at the
time. we all should learn
from ur wise words <3

username
i will always love and
support you june, you
make me so happy.
much love.

username
colton is a lying
scumbag pass
it on

username
okay...seems fake
but okay....

username1
sorry, i don't support
money grabbing cheating
bitches.

     username2
     @username1 she literally
     demonetized this video and
     you have the audacity to call
     her that?? stfu.

username
i don't really know where
to side with this :(

username
keep on shining june,
you're a star.

_____