chapter 27.

( CHAPTER 27 )
real life

(   CHAPTER 27  )❛  real life  ❜

⋆⋆⋆

Breathe in, breathe out. It wasn't that simple though. June never had much stage fright, but she had never had such a huge presence in Hollywood before either. June took acting more seriously than she'd ever take with YouTube, so when she stood behind the screen between herself and the fans, she couldn't help the nerves getting to her.

The joyous crowd roared as the host of this year's panel welcomed everybody. June had gone to meet and greets, this shouldn't be any different, right?

"You look a bit spaced out there Jupiter," Chandler said while appearing next to the nervous girl. She rolled her eyes at the nickname; ever since she told him what her other possible name was he loved called her that. She always complained about it, but deep down she thought it was cute.

"I've just never done something like this before..."June mumbled while tapping her foot and clenching her fist around the microphone that would soon be turned on. A hand crept on hers, and Chandler's touch relaxed her fist. His hand rested on hers for a fleeting moment before he took the mic from her. She almost missed the warmth that left when he pulled away.

"We can share this mic," Chandler suggested, giving a warm smile while getting ready to walk out. June smiled back in agreement; he never ceased to make her feel better.

Soon Norman, Steven, and Chandler were already walking on stage, leaving a breathless June behind stage, practically choking on her anxiety.

"And now, I'd like to bring up to he stage, the newest co-star to the show, the amazingly talented June Mitchell!"

Placing one foot in front of the other, she forced herself to walk forward and onto the stage, feeling her worries wash off of her as she stood in front of the exhilarating crowd of people cheering her on. June's smile widened openly, sharing a view looks and waves with the closest people to the stage. Once she sat down in her seat, she felt like she had this in the bag.

"It's been quite a first day, hasn't it?" the host asked, sitting across from the four stars on the two couches.

"It just gets crazier and crazier every year, it's...so cool," Steven replied, which was followed by more cheering. Every so often Chandler would glance back at her, almost as if to make sure she was alright.

The host then went down the line, asking some basic questions to start off the panel. The last one up was June.

"Welcome to the show June!" This was met with a round of applause. "So tell me, what was your first reaction to joining this cultural phenomenon of a show?"

"I was just...freaking out. I loved the show previously, and I was lucky enough to already have a fan base with my YouTube since I made a few short films on there, which added to my resume. It was sometime on the weekend and I was just ecstatic. I remember my friends begging me to tell them where I was Monday morning, not being at school of course, and once I told them I got a part on this show they were probably more excited than I was, which I thought was impossible."

The bearded man hosting the panel nodded and smiled as she answered his question. "That's amazing! Well we're so glad you've joined the show, with your very interesting and dynamic character. How do you feel about Lauren?"

"I think the best way to describe her is under-appreciated, underestimated, and misunderstood. When Robert Kirkman told me about Lauren and what they had in store for her I fell in love. She's not just this girl who's cold on the outside, because she never started that way. She's just a kid who's lost so many people and doesn't know how to process those emotions. Sadly she's gone down the wrong path, but I think Rick's group brings her back and helps her grow as a person in the next bit of season 4."

The crowd begins to mumble and clap, all happy about this new information of the upcoming season.

"Okay, so let's go right to audience questions," the host announced as people began forming a line immediately.

The first few questions were directed at either the whole group, or Norman and Steven, until a few minutes later a young girl asked June a question. "Hi, this question is for June. I love your YouTube videos so much, and I've been following you for a long time. I wanted to know if YouTube has helped you with acting at all, because I really wanna act when I'm older."

June smiled brightly at the girl standing before her. "Thank you for being a loyal subscriber! I think YouTube has helped me come out of my shell a lot. I used to be very shy and never ever thought I could perform for an audition, let alone a camera for an audience I'd never see in person. After almost two years I feel...a lot more confident in myself, and with what I can do and make and perform creatively. I'd recommend starting a YouTube because I could see you in Hollywood very soon."

The girl gave her thanks and up came the next person, who was an older looking girl. "Hey guys, this question is for June and Chandler. How's your relationship off screen compared to on screen, I really like your chemistry together."

Both teens looked at each other awkwardly for a moment (wondering who would be the one to answer the question), before somebody in the audience shouted out are you dating?

Everyone seemed to be taking the question lightheartedly, and luckily the two teens were too. June decided to speak up first on behalf of what had happened recently to her dating life. "Chan and I have become really close since filming, and I can say that chemistry's pretty real. We really have fun together on set, and I love shooting YouTube videos with him. And no, we are not dating. I just got out of a relationship, but Chan has been such a great friend when I've been feeling down. I'd take his friendship over any other boyfriend any day."

The audience cheered at that, as June shared a warm smile with her co-star. "I feel the same, I think the chemistry with Lauren and Carl just comes naturally. I mean...sometimes it was hard to fight with you," Chandler spoke up, leaving the crowd awing.

"It was pretty relieving for me," June tried to whisper into the mic towards the audience, making Chandler shake his head jokingly. "I'm joking!"

"Yeah, sure you were Jupiter."

"I swear to God I will walk off this stage if you say that one more time."

_____