Judas Contract

I'm really sorry for the late update guys. College has been a real jerk to me lately, and finals made me want to sit in the corner of my room and cry. But hey, it's here! Enjoy!
_______________________________
Damian never trusted Tara Markhov. Then again, that's really no surprise, is it? Sure, he liked her just fine, but there was a difference between liking someone and trusting them. In a lot of ways, he saw his younger self in her. Young, moody, antisocial, etc. But if there was anything he knew about his younger self, it's that he was untrustworthy.

Sure, Tara, or Terra, helped plenty in the missions the team went on, helping infiltrate bases and taking out enemies with her earth manipulating abilities like an... what had Garfield called it again? An earthbender?

But when Raven had possibly gotten a peek at Tara's inner thoughts, Damian jumped at the chance of learning something about Tara. Maybe something to prove him wrong about mistrusting her. But when he asked Raven, he certainly hadn't gotten the response he expected.

"Nothing. And if I did see anything, it wouldn't be your business."

Damian had to admit that the comment stung a lot more than it was probably intended. Which is why he replied a bit more crudely than he usually did when talking to Raven.

"Everything that goes on in the tower is my business. Just like it should be for all of you."

"Last I checked, Damian, Kori was in charge. Not you."

And with that, Raven walked away. Definitely not the most pleasant conversation he's had with her. The last time he remembered them talking like that was way back to when they had their first real conversation, where she told him off. Did he deserve that? Most likely, but Damian wasn't quite sure about this time. Probably because Raven was giving Tara the benefit of the doubt by trusting her, despite Damian's warning.

Just because Damian was smitten with Raven doesn't mean he agreed with her on everything.
_______________________________
Did Raven feel bad about her attitude towards Damian? Yes, definitely. But that didn't necessarily mean she didn't stand by her point. She did plan on apologizing, but never really got a chance or an opportunity.

The next day had been basic combat training. The first round was Starfire vs. Nightwing. Aside from the beginning flirting, the fight was interesting to watch. It ended with Kori knocking Dick off his feet. Raven then took that as an opportunity to give Damian a sign that things were still good between her and him.

"Guess we know who's taking out the garbage at the new place," Raven told him, smirking, alluding to the fact that Kori was moving in with her boyfriend.

Damian looked back at her with a frown, but Raven saw the corners of his mouth twitching. Raven took that as a victory, as well as relief that Damian didn't seem mad at her.
_______________________________
When Jaime shot Raven down (okay, it was the beetle's fault for overreacting), Damian honestly got scared. Worried thoughts filled his mind, such as 'Was she seriously hurt?! Was she dead?! Do I have to kill that stupid bug for hurting her?!'

Luckily, she was fine and was able to joke about her dad calling her a disgrace. And Damian immediately began chastising himself for his own worries. He didn't like it when he was constantly reminded that he was crushing on her.
_______________________________
After Tara's... incident during training, Damian, Raven, and Tori went to see Dick to discuss the topic. But, of course, Nightwing wanted none of it and Raven could tell that Damian was upset that Dick wasn't listening to him.

"Tara has her rough edges," Dick told them, "But Kori thinks she worth it. And I agree."

Damian only glared, "Making decisions with your heart will get people killed."