Part 6

Later on that night I had settled upon ordering a deluxe pizza or pepperoni, Italian sausage, and pineapple. Call it a strange combination but I loved it. Unfortunately Vision was unable to eat it due to his lack of functioning internal organs. He didn't even have a stomach. Nor heart. Or anything aside from a wired brain for that matter.

Anyway, we had both settled upon the maroon couch that was rather comfortable and placed us directly in front of a 72 inch plasma 4K HD TV. Thankfully, both Vision and I enjoyed more scientific movies and decided to watch the 2009 version of Star Trek.

We sat rather close to one another, seeing as the couch was really only made for two people. Normally I disliked being so close to anyone in general. Claustrophobia is a hoe. Especially since my thigh was practically brushing his leg. Although it didn't seem to bother him it all.

It was kind of reassuring that he was sitting next to me calmly, like a true campanion. The kind of person you could always depend upon no matter the said situation.

It was also nice to get my mind off of the accords and the devestation in Lagos.

As the movie came to a close I began to feel my eyes grow heavy and soon enough close. My head ended up resting softly upon Visions shoulder that I have to admit was like sleeping on a rock but was oddly comfortable. He didn't seem to mind that much, he didn't even move at all when I laid my head on his shoulder.

I heard him let out a soft sigh and then strangely warm fingers brushed golden hair from out of my face as he sat quietly. I figured his fingers would be cold since he doesn't actually produce body heat.

I wasn't even sure if he even noticed the little acceration in my heart beat when he touched my face softly.

Right as I felt my mind finally go to peace and really drift off into blankness a loud boom woke me up. I immeidetly stood up at attention. Vision did the same, his hero outfit already on since it was litrally a part of his being.

From the window of the tower we could see and explosion off in the distance. A red and orange plume appeared with heat waves soruonding it. It must have hit electrical line or something because a series of sparks showered across the blast like glittering confetti.

" What was that?" I asked mundanly. The explosion almost reminded me too much of the on in Lagos.

" Please stay here" Vision insisted before phasing through the wall. My senses were wide alert as I watched him leave. Suddenly I heard very soft footsteps behind me and turned grabbing a knife from the kitchen in two blurred steps.

However when I looked upon the source of the footsteps I came across none other than Clint Barton. The retired avenger. He held a long black bow in his hands and his typical hero attire. He obviously wasn't here for a visit.

"Guess I should have knocked" Clint said with a small smirk as he casually walked towards me. I rose a brow " Clint what on Earth are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

He didn't hesitate on answering. " Just upsetting my kids, we were supposed to go water skiing this weekend" Clint explained and shot two arrows into the wall. One of either side of the entryway to the kitchen.

Suddenly Vision re-phased through the same wall that he had left through. "Clint!" Vision said loudly as though catching a child with its hand in a cookie jar.

"Oh really? I retire for what five minutes and it all goes to shit" Clint replied nonchalantly

"Please consider the consequences of your actions" Vision insisted. Right as he finished this sentence he crossed over through the entry to the kitchen and was suddenly caught in some sort of energy field. It coriander his movements but he was still partially enabled to move but only very slowly.

"Their considered. Let's go Ferris" Clint claimed and began to jog off but I didn't follow. Instead I was looking at Vision struggling in the energy field.

Clint sighed looking back at me and jogged back. " Ferris we have to go now" Clint restated. If I left now with him I would be considered a criminal. Then again most of the world already considered me one.

"I don't want to cause any more problems" I said back crossing my arms across my chest feeling torn between two different worlds.

"Ferris you have to choose a side" Clint said back sincerely. He was right, I did need to.

Right at that second Vision managed to break free from the Energy field and immediately went for Clint who attempted to shoot arrows at him. However every arrow just passed harmlessly through Vision.

Vision snapped the bow in two and then Clint took out some sort of stick weapon. I watched as Clint attempted to fight Vision with expert moves but Vision was uneffected by any punches or kicks from Clint.

Then Vision got Clint into a choke hold. " You can't overpower me Clint" Vision pointed out in a darker than normal voice.

" I can't, but she can" Clint replied. Vision looked at me as I made my decision.

I took quick breath before conducting a force bubble and sending it towards Vision allowing Clint to escape from his grasp. Then I force the shimmering bubble to condense around him and he seemed almost speechless. I also began to feel even more guilty.

I willed the force field to entirely encase his body not allowing him to move what so ever and it took absolutely all of my strength and willpower to do so. While this would normally suffocate a normal human Vision had no need to breath.

" Ferris, if you do this they will never stop fearing us" Vision tried as I forced him down to his knees.

" I can't control their fear, I never will. I can only control my own" I explained. My voice strained from the amount of effort I was pulling from my body. " I'm sorry" I added and without another second I sent Vision through the floor. Then through the floor beneath that and through the next 23.

I sighed softly after it was finished, wobbling a little bit from the power I had just exerted. My arms felt kind of like jelly. I knew, or at least I figured that I hadn't physically hurt him. But I felt absolutely dreadful about what I had just done. Tony purposely made Vision keep me in the Stark Tower.

" Woah....." Clint said softly looking down at the gaping hole I had created.

" Alright we have to hit one more stop"