Against My Better Judgement

Reagan is getting herself into a massive amount a trouble. Could any of you resist? Could you tell Oliver no but thanks for the consideration. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I know I couldn't

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What!"

Reagan sat up setting both feet firmly on the floor. "Remove details from my memory." She repeated.

Oliver didn't seem surprised by her resistance. "Yes, in order for you to be of any use there are certain aspects that you will need to know. Things I am required to tell you so you can do what I'm hiring you to do. Things the Order will be extremely upset that I told you and will demand they remove anyway. I need to share sacred information with you. However, when this is all finished you can't continue to know what I have told you. It's for your own protection and mine."

Reagan considered it for a second. It did make sense when he explained it so bluntly but she didn't have to be comfortable with it. She tried not to think about it too hard. Memory spells were only ever used on humans. There were a lot of spells only used on humans. She didn't like to think of herself as conceited or stuck up but the use of those spells on a member of the Community was a little degrading. Actually, it was a lot degrading. There was a social etiquette that everyone recognized and had been established for a considerably long time. It was an unwritten rule never to use them on each other. To do so was humiliating and disgraceful. It simply wasn't done. Having one of those spells used on someone nearly made that person a pariah or a leper.

Oliver caught the offended look on her face. "It's only a precaution. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't so important."

Reagan studied him assessing the situation, she understood his need to protect the Circle and knew that was his only motive. She could set her pride aside, momentarily. "What information I get to remember and what I don't is up for negotiation. Only information pertaining to the case, that is. You will inform me of what will be removed before it's released to my custody. Not after." She rationalized this like a business transaction. Borrowed knowledge; this was definitely a night for new and unfathomable experiences. "I will decide if I truly need the information if, and only if, I know it's going to be removed. You don't have authorization to remove information given after the fact, or information I figure out on my own or have previously retained." Oliver nodded in agreement with her concessions. "What do I get for compensation?" If she was going to help and then not remember how or why she had helped it better be worth it.

Oliver's anger boiled over a little. It was alarming but not frightening, not yet. He straightened up off the chair and stalked slowly around the desk where he stopped as if hitting a wall. The toe of his shoe brushed the edge of the rug. Reagan had turned her chair as she followed his path so they were facing each other when he came to the edge of the protective barrier.

He glared at her and she lifted her chin in a subtle challenge. Later, when she thought back on this, she would be quite impressed with herself that she hadn't made a run for it. He wasn't going to bully her into helping. Well, she wasn't going to put all of her pride aside. This is a business after all.

"You have wards against Warlocks." He stated.

"Of course, I have wards against everything." She smiled at him. He stepped onto the rug. It was difficult, like walking through cement. She could see him struggle but the wards didn't stop him like they should have. He shouldn't be able to come this close. She was unnerved but didn't run, only watched as he forced his way past her protective spells.