Hard Lessons

Sorry for the delay in posting. Had a trip to LA to listen to friend do a reading at The Last Book Store. It was amazing. However, if you've followed me recently and I haven't followed back it's because wattpad wont let me. I've tried on three different devices and even deleted and redownloaded the app but I still can't follow people. If anyone has a solution please let me know. It has been almost two full months without being able to follow people. Grrr.

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madelyn was in her office. The morning events had done its toll but the Witch was doing so much better. She still had a long way to go but it seemed she would eventually make a recovery. She would never be whole again but she would live.

Oliver and Reagan as well. It was still midday and she felt as if it was well into the night. She had a lot of work to do and no time to do it. She could rest later. Not that she would be able to sleep right now if she tried. If there was a war to prepare for she needed to start now.   

Emissaries were on their way to every institute. Friends and colleagues had been informed and warned. The word was spreading and the Society was beginning to brace themselves for the worst. She had every available Healer working on potions and stock piling healing remedies and antidotes for anything they could think of or anticipate.

She was preparing a message to send to the closest Witch coven. Requesting their aid and doing her best to impress how important it was not to join forces if someone came asking for them to fight. Allow the Warlocks to take care of their own and to work on keeping attention away from the humans.

"May we interrupt?"

Glancing up from her letter, Madelyn smiled. Standing in the door frame were Reagan and Oliver. "Absolutely. This door will always be open to you.

Oliver stayed in the door frame as Reagan stepped in to give her friend a hug.

"How are you feeling?"

Reagan blushed a little. Madelyn peaked over her shoulder with an approving and knowing look at Oliver. Who shrugged. Kindred spirits. Madelyn laugh was like a child's. Sounding strange and yet, perfect for a woman of her stature. "Of everything we have learned and achieved there are still some natural remedies that trump all others."

"Let's pray they are enough." Reagan agreed. "I'm afraid, however, we can't stick around to find out. I need to get to Sophia before sundown and then to the alter."

Madelyn studied them both, they could do with some more treatment but she understood the urgency. They could rely on each other for the time being. "I'm writing a letter to them now explaining the situation."

Oliver had been casually leaning against the door frame up until this point. "We can take it with us. It'll enforce our claim."

Madelyn stepped back behind her desk to quickly finish the letter, folded and sealed it with the Institutes insignia. She walked back around to hand it to Reagan. "I know time is of the essence but I wish you could stay and recuperate completely. Unfortunately, I won't ask. This letter has my insignia, it should support your claim. The Witches might not want to believe you but this should at least help persuade them."

Oliver nodded. "Thank you, Madelyn." They shared another look. "For everything." He starred at Reagan as if nothing this world could throw at him would ever make him any less happy than he was right now. Madelyn was filled with his joy and love, she embraced it as best she could knowing what was a head of them. This world was going to need as much happiness as it could get.