Aftermath

Sorry, for the delay. I've been having problems with Wattpad. Couldn't get anything to work and I still can't follow anyone. Hopefully, this time it works.

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blinking onto the roof of the library he turned to look at the gate. Bricks were scattered everywhere. Phillip, Travis, Anthony and Elliot where placed on each side of the roof. Directly facing their corresponding points: north, south, east and west. James at their center. Oliver walked up to him.

    "Casting?"

    "Yes." He answered."  This mornings events didn't exactly go unnoticed. We're sending an alternative memory into the minds of all the humans that had witnessed or heard anything from this morning. Including anyone they may have told."

    "Good. What about documentation? Someone may have filmed it."

    James nodded. "Lucas took care of that first thing this morning. He's the best with technology."

    Oliver procrastinated a while longer. He knew the answer but asked anyway. "Everyone else?"

    "Inside." James's grief just below the surface.

    Oliver paused a moment longer then turned to head inside. There wasn't another reason to put it off. The gate was still smoking in places. It was black, tendrils of black gas, once gold, now formed the entrance. Oliver stepped into the Alter. He didn't need to summon the void this time. There was nothing left to test him anymore. No spells or talismans that once protect their sacred Circle survived the flames. Runes had been destroyed some by the wolves others by curses and hexes. Everything had burned.

    The remainder of the brotherhood were all working on tasks of their own. The soot had been cleared from the floor. Gregory and Henry were working on repairing any damaged done to the pentagram in the center. Henry had a massive bandage over one arm. Marcus and Sealey were standing at the door to the room Peter had made in secret. Their mouths moved with a  conversation too low to hear.

    Oliver worked his way around the pentagram avoiding the destruction and staying out of Henry's way. They both turned silent waiting for Oliver to join them.

    Marcus spoke first. "Sealey is under the impression we should destroy this room and the entire alter with it. Start over from scratch. Maybe find a knew location for the gate?"

    Oliver glanced at Sealey before turning back to Marcus. "I have a feeling you know my opinion on the matter."

    "No one here would have wished that upon the poor girl." Sealey started.

    "Reagan." Oliver corrected. "Her name is Reagan." His tone abrasive.

    "Sealey doesn't mean any disrespect. We are all aware that she played an important role in this." Marcus stepped forward defending him.

     Sealey placed his hand on Oliver's arm in an effort to prove his sincerity. "We regret what she has been put through. Oliver, we truly do. And, even though I believe you will agree with me, I don't believe you do so for the right reasons. I want to destroy this place but not for the same reason you have to want it gone. A terrible travesty has occurred here. That provides a powerful source of darkness. We need to destroy it so no one else can tap into it and use it."

    "I disagree. We need to restore it." Marcus argued. "Our brothers lost their lives here. We need to cleans its aura of the darkness and repair the damages, everything down to its essence. We need to pay respect to our fallen brothers and this place is sacred. It would be sacrilege to destroy it."