CHAPTER 24: I TRUST HIM

They all got down from the car and looked around. It was a secluded place with plants on the both the sides along with barren land.

"Why did Abhinay and Kabir even take this route ?" Prisha asked looking around.

"Probably the main road might have been jammed. This is a short cut." Sidharth said walking towards the plants.

"Sid, I found something. It's a SIM." Niharika said sitting on her knees.

"Don't touch it." Sidharth said.

He called one of the cops there and showed them the SIM. They took it as a proof.

"That's not Abhinay's or Kabir's because both of their numbers are working and they surely haven't taken a new SIM." Prisha said looking at Sidharth.

"If we can prove that someone else was here, we can get him out on a bail." Sidharth said.

"Sidharth, let's go to the hospital where that girl is." Prisha said heading towards​ car.

"There's no use, Prisha" Sidharth reasoned with her. "She's in Coma."

"I want to see her once. Just once." Pri said getting into the car.

The other two followed her and drove to the hospital.

Prisha went up to the front desk and asked for the details.

"What happened to her ?" Sidharth asked Niharika looking at Prisha.

"I don't know. She's being very restless." Niharika answered looking at Prisha who was tapping her foot restlessly.

Once she was given the details, they headed towards the victim's room. Prisha was walking ahead of Niharika and Sidharth.

When they reached the ICU, where the victim was, Prisha took small steps towards the door. She put her hand on the glass above and looked through the glass to see the girl attached to several machines and wires.

A small tear slipped down from her eye. Her hand slid against the door.

"Who are you ?" A voice came from behind.

They all turned around to see who it was. There was an aged woman and man standing.

"Ma'am, we're Abhinay's family." Sidharth answered.

"What are you here for ? To kill her ? She's already battling between life and death. What else do want to do to make a mother cry for her daughter ?" The woman asked collapsing into a chair.

"Please go away. She's had enough. We're not going to take back the case no matter what " The man said folding his hands.

Niharika went towards the woman and sat on her knees infront of the women.

"Ma'am, I don't know what happened that night. But I know one thing. Abhinay can never do something as such. I trust him. I'm his fiancée, ma'am. He had protected me from a bunch of drunkards approaching us when we initially met. I'm not ready for the wedding and he is giving me time. He hasn't even laid his hands, forget hands, he hasn't laid his eyes on me since we met. He respected my privacy and gave me my space." She paused.

"Such a man, who gives respect to a girl like he gives to his mother and protects her like a brother can never do this. Not even in his dreams. I trust him and that's why he can never do this." She continued.

Taking the woman's hands into her's she said "Ma'am, I am a women. I know what respect means to a women. I'm not here to defend Abhinay. I just want to tell you, there's someone out there, who's the convict and it's not Abhinay. I'm not saying this because he's my fiancée. I'm saying this because I trust him."