CHAPTER 40: HALFWAY THROUGH

"What do we do now ?" Abhinay asked.

"That's exactly the question. What do we actually do now ?" Alya asked.

"I kind of have a plan." Niharika said.

"What ?" Sidharth asked.

"See, if Aarushi can track down where Varun is, some of us can go and get him out somehow. Once he's out, it'll get easier for us. We can get police protection because Varun will surely help us and he'll know who to trust." Niharika answered.

"That's actually a good plan. But how do we track him down ?" Kabir asked.

"Actually, me, Niharika and Aarushi tracked down one of the attackers. She told us that she'll try to find out." Abhinay said.

Sidharth's mobile rang.

"It's Aarushi." He said before answering the call.

He spoke over the phone for sometime and once he put the call down, he said "She figured out about that police officer. She knows where Varun is held captive."

"That's just perfect. Then we'll all go and help Varun escape." Kabir said.

"That's exactly Aarushi's plan as well." Sidharth said.

"Who of us will go ?" Abhinay asked.

"I'm not coming. I'll stay with Prisha." Alya said.

"Then the rest of us will go." Niharika said.

"Niharika, you stay back." Abhinay said.

"I'm not weak, Abhinay. I'm going to face it." Niharika said. "Don't deny. Probably this way, I can leave back my past."

Abhinay looked at Kabir and Sidharth who nodded.

"Okay." Abhinay said giving his approval.

"How many guns do we have ?" Kabir asked.

"I've got two." Sidharth replied.

"I have one. But we need bullets." Abhinay said.

"Then we'll borrow one gun and bullets from Aarushi's grandfather." Sidharth said.

"But we don't know how to use them. I mean, our aim is horrible." Kabir stated.

"But it really doesn't matter. Look, me and Aarushi can fire a gun. The rest of you need one just for defense." Sidharth told them and they nodded.

"When shall we leave ?" Niharika asked.

"The faster we leave, the better it is." Abhinay answered.

"Tomorrow morning ?" Kabir suggested.

"Now." Sidharth replied.

"What ?" They all asked shocked.

"Night is the best time to attack them. They'd probably be sleeping or drunk. Trust me, it's the best time." Sidharth explained.

They all agreed.

"I'll just take a look at Prisha and come. We'll leave after that." Niharika said walking to Prisha's room led by Alya.

She slightly pushed the door and peeped in to look at Prisha who was sleeping on the bed.

God, she's an amazing person. Please give her to strength to recover soon. Niharika thought before closing the door.

They left after taking a gun and few bullets from Aarushi's grandfather.

—————————

"There are only 6 people inside. Four are drunk." Aarushi informed the other four.