The Awkward Date

Chapter 2
-The Awkward Date-
-(Y/N)'S POV-
---

I stood amongst the group of animals and waited forever as they all sang, but our little trio chatted to each other to pass the time.
Everytime Johnny and me would make eye contact we would look away and I would turn red, and Rosita seemed to notice.
She nudged me with a smirk, and I always thought most mom's were super up-tight and strict.
Not Rosita. At all.
"Hey, (Y/N), can I talk to you for a sec....alone?" She asked, and I froze.
'Kill me...'
"Uh, yeah...sure." I said, and screamed at myself internally.
I glanced at Johnny again, and followed Rosita about 10 feet away.
"You like Johnny." She stated, and my jaw basically hit the floor.
"No!" I exclaimed, and she smiled.
"Do to~"
"Nope."
"Do to."
"Do not."
"Do to."
"Do not."
"Do to."
"Okay maybe!" I almost screamed in frustration, and she cheered.
"Tell him, tell him, tell him!" She said, and I shook my head furiously.
"Are you nuts? No! I mean...just look at him. And then look at me. Do you ever see that happening. No, I don't think so." I said, and then Mr. Moon called everyone over.
He called out all the groups/duets that were in, and then came the solo-ists.
"Okayyy...I'll take Mike. We definitely need you here. Umm, (Y/N), welcome to the show!" He said and my eyes widened in shock.
"Wait, what....?" I said, and walked to the side in a daze.
Mr. Moon rejected a bull and he stomped on a snail by accident, I think his name was Ray? Something like that.
And the bull was rippin' it loose as he ran from the theater.
I was holding back giggles, and Johnny was smiling at me and struggling not to laugh as well.
Next there was a giraffe and Johnny, and I repeatedly chanted 'pick Johnny!' in my head.
Sadly he picked the giraffe, but he couldn't hear Mr. Moon since he was so high up.
Mr. Moon sighed and called Johnny back, as he realized how annoyed he would get talking to the Giraffe through a megaphone all the time.
I cheered as Johnny ran over to me and engulfed my small body in a hug and spun me around.
When he put me back down I felt really warm, and we were both really red. Rosita was smirking at me from the stage and I stuck my tongue out at her.
"And I think that's it everyone....oh wait, Rosita..is Rosita still here?!" Mr. Moon called, and Rosita ran forwards.
Mr. Moon mumbled and Rosita saddened, and then Mr. Moon called over a pig in a sparkly get up.
"Gunter!"
I cringed and felt bad for Rosita as the pig did weird moves next to her.
I looked at Johnny and he looked down at me, and we both had a grimace on our faces.
After everyone left Mr. Moon started talking, and then Mike asked to see the money.
"Is it all really in here?" Mike asked, the mouse sat on top of the locked up treasure chest.
"Yup," Mr. Moon replied.
"Can I see it? I wanna see what 100,000 dollars looks like!" He said excitedly.
Mr. Moon nodded,
"Of course, let me just get my- wait what did you just say?"
"He said '100, 000 dollars'." A sheep said, making me jump at his sudden appearance.
Mr. Moon looked at the piece of paper, crumpled it into a ball, and turned towards us.
"Can you excuse me for a minute?" He asked, and we all nodded.
He pushed the iguana to, what I assumed, his office.
As we waited for Mr. Moon, everyone talked to each other. I mostly talked to Johnny though, as I really didn't wanna talk to the others.
We jumped from different topics, and we somehow ended up on the 'relationship' topic.
"Yeah, I've never actually been in a relationship...but a guy at work has a huge crush on me. I asked him to cover for me today, but I have to go on a date with him..." I said, grimacing at the idea.
"You don't like him?" He asked, and I shook my head.
"No, I've got my eye on someone else...kinda a long shot and it won't happen. But, I guess the heart wants what it wants...huh?" I said, and Johnny nodded.
"I'm sure you have a chance, you're gorgeous-" Johnny said, and then Mr. Moon came bursting through the door.
"I want you all to go home," he said, and we all were very confused, "because as my dad used to say-get a good night's sleep and do a great days work!" I stopped listening right there as my mind processed that Johnny called me gorgeous.
I then turned a bright red, and looked up at the gorilla.
Maybe I have a very slim chance...but still, a chance. I just need to get to know him more, and try a few things, see how he reacts, and then I'll know.
When we were leaving I was flicking my tail back and forth in happiness and I accidently wacked Johnny's leg,
"Oops sorry..." I said, and then did it again.
He turned and looks at me with a smirk, and a playful glare.
"What? I didn't do it," I said, innocently.
"Okay," he said shrugging.
We walked home, and he actually didn't live entirely too far from me. So technically he walked me home, but not really.
"See you tomorrow, Johnny!" I said, giving him a hug and going inside.
When I closed the door I smiled widely, and then there was a knock on my door.
I opened it to find a smirking Ms. Anne, and I laughed.
"Hey, Ms. Anne!" I greeted, letting her inside. I saw Johnny looking back and I waved, and he did the same before he disappeared into a old mechanic work shop.
"So found yourself a guy, eh?" She asked, and I turned around and smiled.
"I like him, Ms. Anne, I really do!" I said, not even denying it.
"Go get him, and try to politely tell that Jake guy at work how you feel." Ms. Anne said, and I nodded.
"Will do, Ms. Anne." I said, and she smiled.
"So what are we eating tonight?" She asked, and I didn't feel like cooking.
"Pizza?" I asked, and she nodded.
I ordered some pizza, and to pass time I decided to play a song on my piano.