advice.

Haley wasn't quite sure what had been done about her aunt and uncle, for when she exited the cupboard with Harry, both adults, along with their whale of a son, could not be found.

Now, hours later, as she sat beside her sleeping brother within the Hogwarts hospital wing, the girl came to the conclusion that she really didn't want to know. Despite those pigs probably having received what they deserved...Haley just didn't want to hear the gruesome details. Being an eleven year old child, surely no one could blame her. Besides, they were gone, away from Harry now, and that was all that truly mattered in her eyes.

Looking over towards the headmaster, two professors, and Madame Pomfrey (whom she'd only met for the first time today), Haley also realized, as she watched the arguing quartet standing by the doorway, that she could never inform them of her past with Mr. Coleman.

Yes, she knew that Wool's cook deserved every ounce of justice the Dursley's had been dealt, but bringing attention to that man would inevitably put Evangeline (the woman who had cared for and raised her up until now) in the spotlight as well.

Regardless of Miss Turner never harming the child, others could easily blame the woman for failing to see the mistreatment taking place right under her nose.

Haley sighed at the thought; her eyes lowering to the hand she held firmly within her own. She simply couldn't allow for any distress to fall upon her old guardian. Still caring deeply for the mousy lady, it would hurt her more to cause Evangeline grief over any time Mr. Coleman had ever touched her.

This would secret would simply have to remain Haley's to keep.

...Well, her and Maggie's. The blonde had taken notice, but her friend made her swear never to tell out of embarrassment and fear. Reluctantly and foolishly, Miss Williams had no choice but to consent.

"He will not be going back there, Albus!" McGonagall had instantly disregarded the very thought.

The loud tone had caused Haley's eyes to shoot up towards the group once more, interested in just where this conversation would lead.

"What do you suggest, Minerva?" the headmaster had argued back in a way Miss Evans had never seen before. The elder man appeared completely worn as opposed to his typical calm demeanor. Also, his eyes were far from twinkling which frightened Haley a bit to be honest.

"Place Mr. Potter in a home he shall be cared for," the transfiguration professor stated; her Scottish brogue prominent as she was upset.

"With whom would that be?" Albus harshly inquired. "The boy needs protection. Nowhere would be safe enough-"

"Just as he was safe with the Dursleys?" Minerva interrupted. "Have you not seen him, Albus?" she directed his attention towards the boy's unconscious form. Currently, Harry held fast asleep in one of the infirmary's many beds; his sister sitting at its edge, watching them all intently. "How you could even think about returning him..." the animagus drifted off, shaking her head in dismay.

"I may have implied that, Minerva, but I did not mean it in the way you believe," Dumbledore insisted before explaining, "So long as Harry continues to call Privet Drive his home, we could alter Petunia's memory and return her there with him. She would care for the boy as if he were her own and would have no recollection of the past. Petunia would remember her relationship with Lily differently-"

"Obliviating a muggle is illegal," McGonagall reminded him, "Not only that, but she, along with her horrid husband, deserve to remain in prison to forever repent for their crimes. Why you do not agree with this is beyond my knowledge," she looked at Albus in sheer disappointment.