the unbreakable vow.

August 31st 1996

"The shop has really taken off," Haley looked around the crowded joke emporium, also known as Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

"How do you think they're doing it?" Cedric asked Hermione as he, Ron, Harry, and Haley had gone to Diagon Alley together.

"In times like these, people will do most anything for a laugh," the brunette responded thoughtfully, watching as Ron tried getting a deal off his brothers to no avail.

"I think you've got an admirer," Haley informed the other girl.

Hermione looked over her shoulder to see Cormac McLaggen eying her in a most unpleasant way.

"I take it you aren't interested?" she stifled a laugh at her discomfort.

"Hardly," she tried ignoring him.

"Where did Harry set off to?" Cedric cut into their conversation having lost sight of said boy.

Haley peered about quickly before realizing that he must've left. "I have a hunch," she spoke knowingly, a smile upon her face. Her brother had likely snuck away in order to purchase a small gift for Luna. The couple would be going on two years now and she thought it to be incredibly sweet. Ron, however, probably would not have felt the same, hence Harry's need to go alone. The redhead would have teased and taunted his mate the entire time.

"Oh," Hermione caught on easily.

"Care to clue me in?" the former Hufflepuff had been left confused.

"Later," Haley reassured him, placing a hand upon his arm.

"What brings you lot here?" Fred finally made his way over to them after denying Ron's request for a bargain.

"We just wanted to see how things were going before heading back," she let him know, removing her hand from Cedric. Haley had noticed the look she received from Fred for having touched him in the first place. It made her feel both pleased and sad, for while she wanted to reciprocate the twin's feelings towards her, she couldn't just yet.

"It's really quite amazing," Cedric complimented, also having seen the green eyed monster. "I was thinking of picking something up for Cho," he told him, hoping to diffuse the tension.

"That would be a great idea," Hermione piped up. "I saw a few things that she may like over here," she told him, thereafter leaving Haley and Fred alone as Cedric had eagerly followed her.

"How are you?" she asked her best friend once the duo had left.

"I've been alright."

Haley nodded, "And George?" she looked over to where the other boy stood with Ron.

"The same," Fred replied somewhat awkwardly again. "Maggie visits often," he told her offhandedly.

"Really?" she acted as if she didn't already know this. In truth, Haley understood what he honestly meant by that statement: George gets to be happier with Mags around while he's been less fortunate and lonely because of her.

"Sorry I left," Harry unknowingly saved his sister from further guilt trips.

"Its fine," she smiled weakly at him, still feeling bad. "Did you manage to get what you were looking for?"

"Yeah," he looked between her and Fred, sensing that something was amiss. "We should head back," Harry decided upon realizing that his sister had been upset and that the twin was most likely to blame.

"Are you sure?' Fred didn't wish for her to leave. He wouldn't be seeing her for who knew how long and disliked the fact that she would be around Diggory most days as he too worked at Hogwarts.