Ch. 19 Defeating Maleficent

Adrielle and Jay arrived at Auradon Cathedral where Ben's coronation is being held. She looks around seeing a lot of people greeting them politely. She noticed Snow White doing a report on Coronation Day. The carriage stops in front of the Cathedral as they all stepped out of the carriage with the help of male servants. Adrielle wraps her left arm around Jay's right arm as they walked up the stairs following King Beast and Queen Belle into the Cathedral. 

Jay glanced at Adrielle.

" Nervous?" He asked.

Adrielle looks at him.

" No" She whispered. " I'm more excited for my big brother" She smiled. " He's been dreaming of ruling Auradon since we were little kids" She tells him.

Jay smiled. 

The second carriage arrived as male servants helped Ben and Mal out of the carriage. They walked up the stairs and into the Cathedral. They politely greeted King Adam, Queen Belle, and Fairy Godmother. Adrielle looks at her big brother with a proud expression on her face and smiled at Mal. 

Everyone enters the Cathedral and took their respective seats. Adrielle and Jay sat next to each other at the front. Their friends Evie, Doug, and Carlos sat on the second level looking down at everyone. King Adam and Queen Belle stood by Fairy Godmother's side who held her wand in her right hand. Fairy Godmother called forth Ben who stood up from his seat and walks towards the altar. 

Adrielle watched Ben accept the rules of being King of Auradon. She smiled clapping along with everyone as Fairy Godmother crowns Ben as King of Auradon. She stands up with Jay about to walk towards Ben to congratulate him when Jane grabs the wand and tries to give herself a makeover but the spell backfires.

What no one knows is that the spell created a hole in the barrier surrounding the Isle of the Lost. Maleficent took it as a sign that she's free and that her daughter finally got the wand for her. She left the Isle of Lost leaving behind Jafar, Evil Queen, and Cruella De Vil. 

At the coronation, Mal takes the wand away from Jane. Everyone cautiously stared at Mal but Ben looked at her with loving eyes. Mal stared at Ben and smiled grasping the wand tightly in her eyes. She breaths softly and looks forward confessing to everyone that she is tired of being compared to her mother. All she wants to do is show everyone that she isn't a bad person but a good one. 

Adrielle smiled at Mal. 

" Guys, you want to be good. Right?" Mal asked looking at her friends.

Jay turns to look at Adrielle. 

" I do.....so much" He whispered squeezing Adrielle's hand lightly. 

Adrielle blushed. 

Evie and Doug looked at each other with a loving expression on their faces. Carlos smiled giving Mal a thumbs up. 

Mal smiled feeling more confident that everyone wants to be good. She opened her mouth to say something but a hand pulled the wand away from her. She turned her head to the right and froze seeing her mother standing next to her. 

" Mom..." Mal whispered.

Jay pulls Adrielle and hugs her close to him. His eyes narrowed glaring at Maleficent feeling protective of his girlfriend. 

Maleficent smiled walking around Mal telling her that she's proud of her. She glanced at Fairy Godmother and smirks. She noticed Adam about to attack her from behind but she used the wand to put everyone frozen in time. She turns around and laughs at Adam who is frozen in midair. 

Mal turned around seeing Ben frozen in time. Her eyes widened and teared up thinking it's her fault that Ben is frozen. 

Jay looks down at Adrielle. 

Adrielle looks up at him and mouths out to act normally. Jay nods his head and continues to hug Adrielle staring at Maleficent with an angry expression on his face.

Evie and Carlos ran towards them and stood by Jay's side. They noticed Adrielle is the only one that isn't frozen who is not a Wicked. Evie wears a curious expression on her face and wonders if it's due to Jay hugging Adrielle. Since Maleficent didn't freeze the Wicked children and Adrielle is in Jay's arms, the magic didn't work on her. 

" Now that I have Fairy Godmother's wand. I could finally bring back magic!" Maleficent laughs and then begins to chant. 

Mal and her friends noticed dark magic coming towards Maleficent. Maleficent continues to laugh and then transforms into a dragon.

" Kids, I want you all to leave because I am going to burn this place down" Maleficent tells them. 

Adrielle's eyes widened feeling scared for everyone and her family. 

Mal's eyes narrowed.

" Mom!" She shouts. 

Maleficent looks down at Mal.

" I have enough of this!" Tears fell from Mal's eyes. " I'm not going to let you take anyone's happiness away" She shouts.  

Maleficent's eyes narrowed leaning towards Mal.

Both of their eyes glowed bright green staring into each other. Mal finally has the confidence to stand up to her mother. Not only that but Ben's love towards her gives her the strength to defeat her mother. Mal whispers a spell which caused Maleficent to shrink into a small lizard which was placed under a glass case by Carlos. Mal looks down at her mother feeling like she did the right thing to stop her. 

Jay lets go of Adrielle. 

Mal used Fairy Godmother's wand and unfreeze her. She bows her head and apologizes to Fairy Godmother for her mother's behavior. Fairy Godmother smiled at Mal and takes the wand unfreezing time, freeing everyone. 

Adrielle looks at her family with a big smile on her face.

" Mom! Dad! Ben!" She shouts running towards them and attacking them with hugs.

Belle pulls her daughter into a hug. Ben wraps his arms around his mom and little sister giving them a hug. King Beast wraps his arms around his family feeling happy that they are safe.

Mal and Jay smiled at the family. 

Ben and Adrielle looks at them and smiled. They whispered to their parents who smiled at them. Adam and Belle opened their arms to them. Mal and Jay blushed looking surprised that they want them. They smiled walking towards the family and hug them feeling happy that everything is going to be okay.