Now it was that many ages had passed, and Aȝūlēz who is Aulë was weary of the halls. He did not speak to Eru of this matter, but it was known to Him. For the mind of every Ainu is known to Him. But what Eru had planned was nigh, for Yavanna had taught Aulë to love his voice, and now he sang with many before Eru. As did many Ainu, for they now sang together in a collaboration unlike any other until the end of days. But when his plan had come to utmost completion, Eru spoke to the Ainur.

"Children of my thought, the time hast become well nigh here that many of thee are weary of my halls. To those whom I speak, I have a new proposition. I give you this new theme, sing it together, so that we may hearken in peace."

And so all that is told in the Ainulindalë came to pass. Melkor created a discord that forever set him apart as foul and fell. But Eru would have it not, and all went much closer to plan than Melkor had intended. The world was created. Eru said it would Be. Eä, is what the world is called, and many Ainur saw it and were amazed at what joys it possessed. So it came time for them to choose whether they would depart from the halls of Eru or not, Yavanna spoke to Aulë.

"Love dearest," For that was the title he now possessed in her heart. "Will thou comest to the world named Ëa? Doesth it soothe the weariness of thy soul in these here halls? It did mine own heart some warmth, for I saw many things. Trees and plants of my own design. What of thou? What doth thee command?"

Aulë was content, for his weariness had indeed been sated, and he came to perceive that he would have the mastery of the earth itself, the stone and jewels of the land. He realized he would be a smith that would fashion great things. So he sang back to Yavanna in great joy.

"Yea, it is that I, Aulë, am pleased. Mastery over stone and it's arts was I gifted, at even beginning the time. But now to rule I go, under Eru the One, our Father over us, even Manwë perceives this. I am a smith as you are a guardian of all growing things."

And Yavanna was glad and exited the world. But Aulë stayed one more second, and stared at Eru and spoke softly.

"Thank you Father Above Us." And Eru was amused and he asked Aulë: "For what purpose doth thou thank me? I have done nothing for thee except shown thee the way. And does the man who holds the torch hold more power than that man which creates the sword? I think not. Do not thank me, Master of Earth. Thank the Giver of Fruits. She helped you start the flame below the metal. Now go, and thou shalt be wiser ere we speak again." And Aulë left more knowledgeable and mature. And forever would he look to his wife for thanks and comfort.