four

Karma's Point of View

I watched as Nagisa's face lit up when he tasted the ice cream. He smiled, before pushing another spoonful into his mouth. I laughed and started on my chocolate. It was like probably around 30 degrees. Ice cream is the best in the winter. Nagisa and I didn't have much conversation. Until he spoke up.
"Why?" Is all he said. "Why what?" I asked him, while looking down at him. "Why are you helping me?" He asked with more detail now. I nodded once and finished the ice cream in my mouth.
"Because you deserve it."

I was continuing to look at him, he looked down at his ice cream. I saw a tear slip off his face. I was confused. "Nagisa what's wrong?" I asked him, grabbing his hand, forcing him to stop walking. Once he did, he spun around and started sobbing into my jacket. I held him close to me, not sure what I'm supposed to really do. You think I have a love life?

He wouldn't stop crying.

I eventually let him get on my back, piggyback riding to the car. His face was buried in my shoulder, I could feel his tears. I put him in the passenger seat of the car, he was sniffling at this point. I started the car and started driving back to the house.
He never said anything.

I got out of the car when we arrived, he fell asleep. Of course. I picked him up from his seat and carried him into the house. I realized he had really dark circles under his eyes. Ahhh... I get it now. I thought to myself, giving myself some credit. I carried him back up to my room, set him under the covers and allowed him to sleep. I removed his shoes and jeans, for more comfort, then took out his pigtails. He looked so peaceful. I smiled, before walking away to go find someone.

I found my personal maid, who was folding my laundry. "Vic, can you make me two bowls of soup?" I asked her, she looked over and nodded. "As you wish." And with that, she went off to the kitchen. I folded my clothes, so she would have less work.

After that, I went back upstairs to Nagisa. I grabbed a book off one of my shelves and laid down next to him. He was facing the other way though. I started to read my book, then Vic came in with the soup. She rolled her eyes at Nagisa, then put the soup on the nightstands. "Thank you Vic." I said with a smile, she smiled back, bowed, and left.