Now or Never

Adam POV

I wake up in the chair I was in last night, with the guys nowhere to be seen, but I hear them snoring. Of course the lazy fucks didn't feel like moving me. Typical.

I drag myself up and back to the bathroom. I dig through my bag to find the pills at the bottom. After swallowing a handful, I take a quick shower. After I get dressed, I slip a bottle into my jacket pocket since I'll probably be out most of the day. The guys are still asleep, so I just slip out.

As I'm walking, I text Jeanie, letting her know I'm on my way. After she sends me her address, I basically start running, because I'm excited to see her again.

I finally get to her apartment and knock on the door. When she opens the door, I see her smile, which in turn makes me smile.

"Come in. I know it's not much, but make yourself at home." I go in and sit on her couch, while she grabs some water for us before sitting across from me.

"So where do you guys go after tonight?"

"Tonight's our last show, so I guess I'll be going home."

"Shouldn't you be happy to finally be going home after over a year on the road?"
"I guess I should be, but I'm really not. It's not like I have someone to go home to. Someone to be standing right there when I open the door. Neil, Brad, and Barry are really the only people I have, and they all have wives and kids to go home to. I have no one."

"Oh Adam, I'm so sorry to hear that."

"You don't have to be sorry for me. I'll probably just start writing for our next album, so we can get in the studio as soon as we can."

"Oh, that sounds fun. Do you have anything written yet?"

"No not yet, but I have a few ideas."

"I can't wait to hear it. You're my favorite singer, I was so happy I finally got to meet you last night."

"Yeah, I was thinking, maybe you could come back to Canada with us, you know, see how it all goes down."

"Really? I'd love to Adam!"

"Great." I smile, because it took a hell of a lot of courage to ask her that.

"I just don't have the money right now."

"Stay with me then. I have an extra bedroom."

"No, you don't have to do that."

"It's my honor. I've seen how much you love our music, and how excited you were when I mentioned a second album. "

"Thank you so much!" I laugh as she jumps up and hugs me. But, she hit's my coat pocket, knocking the pills out.

"Adam?"

"I hurt my foot early on in the tour, and it's been starting to get worse." I use that excuse, because it's pretty believable.

"Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that."

"Hey, I'm going to get some food, you want to come?"

"I'd love to."

"You live around here, so what's good?"

"Let me grab a jacket real quick."

"Take your time,"

Jeanie goes into her room and comes back out with combat boots and a leather jacket. God, she's so beautiful. I really want to ask her out, but I'm way to nervous. It was hard enough asking her to come back to Canada with us and to stay with me.