Take Me Under-2

Jeanie POV

I decide to go over to Neil's house for dinner. I text him to get his address then head in that general direction. It only takes about 15 minutes since he lives about 10 minutes from Adam.

When I get there, Neil and his wife are setting the table.

"Hey Jeanie. How are you liking Canada so far?" Neil says as he looks up and notices me.

"Seems nice. Thanks again for letting me come over for dinner."

"Anytime. Anyways, this is my wife, Janin, Janin this is Adam's friend, Jeanie."

"It's great to meet you Jeanie. You're welcome here anytime," Janin says.

"It's great to meet you too. Thank you for your hospitality." I say, shaking her hand.

"So, where's Adam?" Neil asks, looking up from the table."

"Rehab. He really felt like he needed to get help and that now was the best time."

"I think you played a huge part in his decision. I don't think I've seen him this happy in a long time. " I nod.

After dinner, Janin and I go to the family room while Neil cleans everything up.

"It's so nice to have you here. You're such a sweet girl, I'm sure Adam feels the same way." She says.

"I'm sure we'll be great friends," I say with a smile.

"Oh there's no doubt about that."

The two of us sit on the couch and turn on the TV, though we don't pay much attention to it. Neil comes in after he washes the dishes and sits with us.

"You can stay here for awhile if you want to Jeanie, I'm sure Adam gave you a key to his place, but if you don't want to be alone in a new city you can always stay here." Neil says.

"I might just take you up on that." Neil nods and pulls out his phone.

"You know, I was thinking while cleaning up, we should get Adam a guitar. Like a custom one."

"That's actually a really good idea."

"We can go to the shop tomorrow and order it."

The Next Day

Neil and I are at the guitar shop, getting ready to order Adam's guitar. We decided on a Guild F-50 with "Gontier" engraved on the head. (A/N the same style used in the Never Too Late video but without the engraving). 

"That should be done within a month. Can we get a number to call when it's in?" The guy helping us says. I give him my number, and Neil pays for everything. After we get all of the papers filled out, we head back to Adam's apartment so I can get his car.

"Thanks for paying for all of that Neil. You really didn't have to,"

"I think it would be a nice gesture for Adam. I'm sure he'll love it. Plus, we got some guitars from there before and during the tour, they're normally quicker than they say. Especially with something as simple as an engraving."

"I can't wait to give it to him."

"He's going to love it." We pull up outside the building, and I thank Neil for everything before going inside to get the car keys from the apartment, and then I go to visit Adam.

When I walk in, I see Adam with his notebook on the bed. He looks up and smiles when he sees me. I sit next to him, and put my hand on his knee.

"Hey Adam, how are you feeling?"

"Eh. How's Canada been for you?"

"It's not bad. I stayed with Neil and Janin last night."

"Did they take you sightseeing?"

"They offered. I wanted to wait and go with you. Is this a new song?" I ask, picking up the notebook.

"Kind of. It's really just a draft right now. It still needs a lot of work."

"I'm sure it will be amazing." Adam smiles more, and I look at the notebook, reading what he has so far.

"Adam, this is really good. I think you should go with this mindset for the whole album."

"I think I know what I want to do with this album and how I want to, I just hope it turns out how I'm picturing it."

"I'm sure it will."

Adam POV

I'm sitting on my bed, working on the first song for the new album. I'm trying to get the idea of realizing you're actually addicted to something and you've hit rock bottom. I look up when I hear the door open, and when I see Jeanie I smile. She comes and sits next to me, putting her hand on my leg, I feel the electricity from her touch and I wonder how she's always able to do this to me.

We end up talking for a little while, mostly about ourselves. Just being next to Jeanie makes me feel so much better. I don't know exactly how I feel, but I do know that she's special. I hope I can figure out how I feel about her soon though, because I hate not knowing.

I sit back and look at the beautiful girl in front of me, eventually zoning out, though she eventually makes me snap back.

"Looking at something Adam?"

"Ummmm.... no?" Damn, I'm so nervous around her, which she finds funny.  "Oh, uh sorry. I guess I zoned out there."

"Don't worry about it."

We end up sitting in silence for awhile, with me trying to work out how I feel, but not getting very far. Right now, I'm just happy to have her in my life and to be able to spend time with her. She's given me motivation to try an move past this point in my life.

I realize now that I've hit rock bottom, and she helped me realize that- in a good way. I never thought I would be this low, especially since this is a time that should be such a high point in my life.  I think about where I am now in my life: it should be one of the highest points, my band took off, we just finished an amazing 2 years of touring, we have thousands of fans waiting for a second album, and I just met this girl that may have saved my life, but instead, I'm sitting in a rehab clinic trying to dig myself out of this hole that I put myself in.