Chapter One ~ Jonathan

Edited

Word Count: 1124

Evan's POV

"Officer 897 , this is officer 097. please report to address 512749 Lavender Drive. This is a hostage situation I repeat, a hostage situation," The officer spewed through the walkie-talkie.

I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Officer 897 reporting to address 512749 Lavender Drive over," I clicked off the mic.

Opening the door, I quickly strapped on my seat belt then turned on the flashing lights and siren. Whilst driving, I punched the address into the tablet that was attached In the section between the passenger seat and mine. Although not the safest method I'd rather get there faster than waist my time to type in a variation of characters sitting still. I'd like to think that I can multi-task.

Soon enough, I rolled up to a two story, run down home in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere. Most of L.A is filed with broken down neighborhoods or penthouses but this house was a total dump as the windows were boarded up and the whole area smells like rotting corpses.

Jumping out of car and turning off the lights, I walked towards the other officer. Although he was a pretty experienced cop he seemed scared and almost dazed. He didn't look at the house or anything, he just looked out into the distance, obviously afraid of something. I could tell that something was wrong when he nearly jumped at me arriving.

"You called?" I sprinted up the small hill to him and adjusted the belt around my waist that carried my weapons.

"Yeah uhh..." he sighed and shook his head almost in disbelief. "There's a boy in there... he says something's in there but I've searched the house and he's the only one in there... but he says somebodies watching him and that he's not allowed out..." he scratched the back of his neck as his voice was almost in a "blah blah blah" tone.

"And you called me... why exactly?" I asked wondering if he actually had a reason to bring me here.

"I figured somebody younger would be able to talk to him, I mean you're a tough looking mother fucker," I rolled my eyes sarcastically, I've known Brian long enough to know that he was harassing me. "Hell, I feel safer now than when you weren't here," He laughed.

"Whatever, where is he?" I looked up at the house, scanning it from the outside.

"He's in the attic, he's tied in ropes but when I tried to untie him he screamed and said I couldn't untie him unless "Luke" told me too," The other officer scrunched his nose.

"Did you get him untied?" I asked.

"No, he kicked and started screaming!" He replied in a "what the fuck" tone.

"Well, whose "Luke"?"

Brian just shrugged and raised his eyebrows as he shook his head. I sighed and pulled the gun out of my belt and loaded it.

"Welp, better get this over with," I started walking into the house. "You comin'," I looked back at Brian who quickly shook his head no.

"Hell no, the kid's scared of me."

The inside of the house was just as bad as the outside. Tables were flipped over, broken glass covered the floor, and the smell was almost unbearable. However, I managed to get to the attic we're Brian told me that man was at.

As soon as I got up the latter I saw the boy. He was thin and look deathly ill. He was bleeding from were the rope, that was tied around his wrists and ankles, were rubbing against his skin and tore through. He was covered and bruises yet his face seemed untouched, like it was purposely meant to look porcelain.

"NO!" He screamed out as soon as he saw me.

"Sir..." I said in a calm voice as I lowered my gun. "I need you to stay calm just pl-"

"He's here, leave... please!" He sobbed as his eyes were puffy and red and his face twitched with fear.

"Sir pl-" I was cut off by something wrapping around my neck.

Who ever they were pulled me down by my throat, throwing me on the floor. My head hit the solid floor with a crack as my sight went blurry for a moment. I immediately hopped up to see a man grabbing the boy by his tank top sleeve.

"UNHAND HIM NOW!" I yelled in a deep voice as I pulled up my gun.

"What are you going to do?" his accident was thick and was obviously from the South. "Ya' not gonna do anyth-"

Before he finished hos sentence I pulled the trigger and sent a bullet right through his skull. He fell to the floor with a thud as brain matter coated the rotten walls behind him.

The boy wrapped his arms around his legs and shivered in fear.

"Hey, are you okay," I ask putting my hand on his shoulder making him jolt back. "Hey hey hey," I whisper quietly.

He rocked back and forth but slowly I placed my hand on his shoulder. His sobs were still intense but now he was hyperventilating. Knowing that this might take a while I took my hand off his shoulder and sat next to his closely, but not touching him. I placed my hand on his back making him flinch.

We sat there for a few minutes until the other officer called over the Walkie-Talkie.

"Everything all right in there boy?" he asked somewhat concerned.

"Yep, victim is safe and currently calming down," I reported back immediately still keeping an eye on the young man next to me.

After about an hour he started to calm down, I could tell he was getting tired just by the way he was breathing. I took this time to try and get to know him. Of course it was way to early to even consider asking what happened since he was obviously very stressed about it.

"Hey..." I mumbled to him, starting the conversation off simple.

He looked up at me with a red face, puffy from crying.

"Hey..." He whimpered back barley able to speak without gasping. "Are you... going to... stop them..." He asked still struggling to breath.

I questioned in my who 'they' were but I didn't want to upset him.

"Yeah, I'm here to keep you safe..." He unexpectedly scooted closer to me without a word. "What's you name?" I asked.

"Jonathan..." He replied without emotion.

"Okay Jonathan... how old are you?" I asked.

"What's today's date?" he mumbled into his arm.

"August 6th 2017," I replied trying the remember if that was the right date.

"I'm twenty-two..." He seemed almost surprised.

"Well, Jonathan, you wanna get out this place and get something to eat?" I offer as I stand up and hold out my hand for him to grab.

He shakes his head as he weakly take my hand and slowly pulls himself up.

"I'm kinda... dizzy..." He holds his head as he squeezes on my hand tightly.

"Here," I shuffled over to him and picked him up bridal style.

He let out a nauseated sigh as he laid his head against my body. I could feel him breath out and i felt his bones against my skin. I would be surprised if this boy had eaten anything in the past month by how tiny he was.

Luckily, he was safe now and there was nothing to worry about.

A/N: IM SO TIRED WTF, (still about to work on the second chapter because i'm addicted to writing this book TBH) LIKED IT STAR IT I NEED VIEWS TO STAY ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-GEB