Too bad

Mae's parents weren't downstairs or upstairs. Eh, they must've gone to work or something. She grabbed her toast and ate it. Mae rushed out the front door and swallowed her toast in one. OW! I forgot to chew..... She reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone. Hey, duuuude. Meet me at the bus stop. Mae texted back, quickly, Kay, I'll be 2 mins. Mae waited at the traffic lights, urging them on to turn red, so she could cross. A policeman walked over to Mae, with his  hands in his pockets. "Weren't you the kid, saw that ol' arm on the street?" The policeman asked, politely in a western accent. "Yep!" Mae replied, awkwardly whilst tapping her feet on the floor. She gave a look of determination, it was aimed at the traffic lights. Tuuurn greeen! I don't like this man!  The police reached into one of the front pockets of his jeans and took out a cigarette and a lighter. He put the cigarette in his mouth and lit it.
"Surely you shouldn't smoke if you're a police officer?" Mae asked, giggling.
"Don't murmur, kid," he said, breathing out some smoke, "I can't hear ya' when ya' murmur."
The traffic light finally changed green. Mae sprinted to the bus stop, she saw Greg sitting on a bench and drinking a can of beer. "Hey, sorry I'm late. Got caught up at the traffic lights, with a police-weirdo." Mae said, laughing under breath.
"Well, too bad he didn't kill you!" Greg joked, as he reached into his backpack and gave Mae a can of cold beer.
"Thanks but too bad you didn't get run over by a bus!"
"Too bad....uh.....Too bad you didn't choke on your own impatience!"
"Too bad you didn't murder someone by accident but you get the taste of murder, so you murder more and more people and you never get caught, so you live like nothing ever happened and you go to the coffee shop daily and meet up with your school friends, 'Hi, Janet. How's the kids?" Mae started to breath heavily, "Too far?" Greg nodded and they both laughed for more than twenty minutes.