Pathetic

As Lance held the knife to his throat, his body shook with extreme nervousness and anxiety. What if this was wrong? What if this isn't what everyone wanted?

Soon,  those thoughts were overtaken by the voice. This is what they want.  You deserve to pilot Blue.  She deserves someone so much better than trash like you.

He believed the voice,  like it was a sacred God that couldn't lie.  He put the blade back up to his throat before he heard a loud noise and a pair of footsteps coming towards him.  He wasn't looking in the direction,  but he could tell by how heavy the steps were,  it was Hunk.

"H....Hunk..." He choked out,  his voice hoarse.  The yellow paladin turned to his friend, who was shaking violently in the corner.

He ran over to his friend, eyes trailing down to his wrists. "Oh, Lance...." Though, Hunk wasn't exactly surprised. This is why he came to find him. He just didn't expected it to be so bad.

Moments later, Keith came running in, spotting Hunk in the corner.

"My god, Hunk, what happened?" He asked before spotting Lance. "Oh my god..." He spotted the blue paladin's wrist, reading out what he had carved into his skin.

Lance didn't look at anyone, only at the cuts on his wrist that he would not stop scratching out, only opening them more.

Keith had no idea what to do, but Hunk did. He'd dealt with this before.

"Lance, listen to me," he started, tilting Lance's head away from the cuts. "You can do this, snap out of it. Do it for you family. You know they wouldn't want to see you like this."

Lance forced his gaze to meet with Hunk's, terror and tears clear within his baby blue eyes.
Keith stared, wanting to learn Hunk's secrets. He was never good at comforting, but he wanted to learn, though he would never admit it.

"I'm... sorry..." he choked out, tears falling faster than before. Hunk looked at him sympathetically,  close to tears.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, " he finally replied. Keith watched,  feeling bad for Lance.  What had he been through?  How long had he been feeling like he needed this?

Suddenly,  Hunk picked up his childhood friend,  glancing at the pools of blood on the ground.  Keith did the same,  surprised at the amount.

"Oh my...." the red paladin muttered.  Lance sensed to just be noticing his presence because he jumped. "H-Hunk...  is Keith here..?" Hunk hummed in response.

Lance turned his head to look at his friend/rival, forcing a weak smile. "I-I'm sorry you had to see me like this... I'm sure you think I'm incredibly pathetic. Everyone does. "