If He Was Alone (Short)

Hunk walked back into the room where Lance lay, gesturing for the others to follow. He walked over to Lance, who hadn't fallen asleep yet, and kneeled down next to him. 

"Hey, bud, I know you're tired, but do you think you could help me with something?" He helped his friend sit up, holding his back with his hand. Lance looked confused, but nodded softly. He tried to stand, but his legs gave out underneath of his body, so Hunk and Keith held him up under each arm.

"Th-Thanks..." Lance's eyes were tired, but his other features were so, so happy. Pidge was first to notice.

"Lance why the quiznak are you smiling like an idiot?" This was accompanied by a chorus of "Pidge"s and a singular "What?" from the brown-haired girl. Lance, waved them off, laughing a little bit before looking to Pidge.

"I'm just happy that it's over and you guys know. I didn't think I could hide it for very long, and I felt the attack coming about an hour before, but I didn't want to worry Hunk if my gut was false, so I said nothing..." Lance looked at Hunk with a "Sorry~" look on his face.

"Lance, you should've just told me, we could've extracted it befo-"

"Hunk, you know what would happen if I was wrong..." Lance's smile faded.

Shiro interrupted as the sat on the floor of the infirmary. "Wait, what could happen if he was wrong..?" Lance's eyes widened as he realized what he'd just said.

"U'Uhm, well, he could... He could die, to say the least..." Hunk was hesitant to answer.

Pidge didn't like the way he phrased that. "What do you mean, "To say the least,"? What else could happen?" Lance and Hunk looked at each other with alarm, though Lance answered this one.

"Well, the same thing that could happen if you inject the syringe in the wrong place... The blood would literally boil and... uh... the blood would spread to the rest of my body and, honestly, just in my arm, it feels like torture. I c-can't even imagine..." Lance had started crying but he didn't know when. The others felt so bad that Lance had to go through this, he didn't deserve it. 

Before all this, tit must have been hard to deal with this condition, but in space without medicine? It must be torture. It's a good think Hunk was giving them a lesson, in case it ever happens on a mission.

But still, what would happen if he was alone?