Chapter Eighteen

It had been a while, Ghost wasn't sure just how long, since Johnny had left him. Maybe three, four days? All he knew is that Jimmy never seemed to need sleep, he just kept going and going and going, kept killing person after person after person. Ghost was forced to watch countless times, unable to stop Jimmy, to stop his own body. He even knew where Spooker was being kept now(alive, thankfully), but he could do nothing to help him. He felt useless.

It had happened so much he was almost used to it by now. Used to watching it, used to feeling hopeless and crazy.

Alone with nothing but his own thoughts, he began to feel anger. Anger at not only himself, but for Johnny. If he had just trusted him a little more, if he had just waited for an answer, none of this would have happened. This all could have been fixed, he could have had more time to figure it out, if Johnny hadn't left him.

Maybe it was his fault, not Ghost's.

While he was thinking these things, Jimmy had started paying attention. He had felt Ghost's anger-it had worried him-and he had heard who it was directed towards.

He spoke to Ghost, for the first time since this began.

"I can help you with your anger." He offered. He was grinning widely, a plan forming. "If you'll let me, I will get rid of it. I can get rid of all of your pain, all your feelings you have."

Ghost was hesitant, of course, trusting the demon who had completely ruined him didn't seem like a smart idea, though he had to admit Jimmy had his attention. He was sick of feeling angry, in fact, he was tired of feeling any emotions at all. He just wanted it all to go away, and when Jimmy had offered to do just that...

He found himself accepting the offer.

YOU GUYS ASKED FOR IT

BUT ARE YOU REALLY PREPARED???