0.

PROLOGUE

1184

IT was another torturing day for Layla Mikaelson, after everything that had happened to their family over a century ago—what she turned out to be, she never learned to like it.

Not once has she killed a human, she may have drank their blood but it was always her brothers and sister that finishes her business. In spite of that, Niklaus would never let her kill a human. He believes that she is too pure for this because she was his little angel.

Layla didn't try to protest, anyway, because just like her brother, Elijah, she does not approve of killing humans to feed.

Her siblings might like to see her as the perfect innocent younger sister, but she believed that she was far from that. She has stolen and sucked blood from an innocent human's neck—now that, is far from being pure.

She wanted to die, in all honesty, she is already dead but the way their mother has forced this curse upon them was what hurt her the most. Their mother did this to protect them and in fear of losing any more children, but what happened after they were turned was the complete opposite.

They had separated, her mother died and now their father is hunting them down. Although, Rebekah, Elijah, Niklaus and she were still together, they did not know where Kol and Finn were.

Layla didn't believe it when Rebekah had told her that Klaus already daggered Finn. She refused to believe that Klaus would do something like that towards his own siblings, he wouldn't do that—he won't.

"Sister."

Layla's head snapped up from the book she was reading and to her brother, Niklaus, "Nik." She muttered, standing up from her seat and laying the book on it.

Klaus smiled at her softly, "What are you doing?"

Layla smiled back at him, her eyes lighting up as she focused her gaze back to her book again, "I have been reading my favorite book again."

Klaus nodded his head, his hands behind his back. Layla did not find this suspicious because this was how men were at their time, hands behind their back in the presence of a lady.

"Where are Elijah and Rebekah?" Layla asked him, grabbing the book from the chair she put it on.

"They were hungry."

Layla's face fell in disapproval, she sighed, knowing there was really nothing she can do about it, "Oh." She simply whispered.

Klaus sighed sadly at his sister's crestfallen expression, "You really do not like what we are..."

"No." She answered honestly, shaking her head, "But, what can I do?" She said, "I still love you all, you are my siblings. This is how our lives work now, I will have to get used to it."

Klaus held out one arm for her and smiled sadly, "Come here, my little angel."

Layla smiled at her brother's name for her, her heart warming, she walked closer to him and wrapped her arms around his torso, her chin resting on his shoulder, "Oh, Nik." She breathed out sadly, realizing how their life were so filled with sadness now, "I love you, all of you." She said sincerely, wishing that the curse that was put on them would finally go away.

Niklaus closed his eyes tightly, hiding the tears in his eyes. He knew he had to do it now, or else he wouldn't be able to do it at all. He kissed his sister's temple tenderly, "I love you too, my dear sister." He whispered, his free arm wrapping around her back, "and I'm sorry." He said, making Layla scrunch her brows in confusion.

Klaus brought out his other arm and stabbed her in the back with the dagger, hitting her heart. Layla gasped at the pain and surprise, stumbling back from Klaus, looking up at him in pure betrayal and hurt, a tear falling out of her eyes before she desiccated and almost fell on the ground and Klaus catching her before she does.

Klaus looked down at his sister, brushing out her hair, "This is for the best, Layla." He said, "I promise you, the dagger will be removed upon you when I finally find something that will remove this curse from us—from you." He promised, kissing her forehead one last time, before picking her up and making his way to a room where Layla's new made coffin was placed.