4.

CHAPTER FOUR

THE NEXT DAY, Layla woke up fresh and with a smile on her face, she was lucky enough that Rebekah didn't find out about her incident the night before, but she had a gut feeling that Stefan was compelled to tell Klaus if something bad happened to either her or Elena.

Layla walked downstairs, humming happily as she sipped on her blood bag happily. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Damon's situation, he was tied into the chair with chains that were dipped in vervain. Stefan was there looking down at his brother.

"I didn't do this." Stefan denied.

"Quit screwing around!" Damon exclaimed, completely irritated.

"I didn't." Stefan insisted, checking the chains as he approached Damon, "It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?"

"Yep." Damon muttered.

Layla watched as Stefan harshly removed the iron stick causing Damon to scream in pain. Layla looked at him in worry and approached the Salvatore brothers in concern, "What happened?"

"I woke up chained in this damned chair." Damon spat, glaring at the chains around him.

Stefan went to remove the chains before stopping himself, he turned to Layla and smirked, "Thanks for saving me last night, beautiful." He flirted and left a lingering kiss on her cheek before walking away, leaving a blushing Layla to deal with Damon.

Damon glared after his brother in jealousy but shook it off, "Yeah, not to worry." Damon called out to him, "Leave your brother here all tangled."

"Do not worry, Damon. I will help you." Layla said, reassuring him as she put her blood bag on a table before walking over to him, she was about to help him when the curtains suddenly opened on its own causing Damon to start screaming in pain as he burned from the sunlight.

Layla gasped in surprise and sped towards the curtains, closing them. She turned around to look at the slowly healing Damon, his loud heavy breaths filling the room.

"What was that about?"

Damon made a face, "I think I know who's doing this."

*****

Layla stayed at the Salvatore Boarding House for the whole day. Both brothers went our to god knows where and she decided to stay put and have some alone time, she hasn't met the whole save Elena gang however she felt like she needed some alone time after nine centuries of being daggered.

Her plans were ruined when she heard two people entering the boarding house and beelining toward Damon's bedroom. She got up from her bed and went to check on who those people were and what their business could possibly be in someone else's bedroom.

"Ugh! I give up. It's not anywhere in this room." Caroline exclaimed in annoyance from Damon's bathroom.

"What is going on?" Layla asked.

Caroline and Bonnie turned towards the voice and they looked at each other in hesitance. They weren't aware that a sister of Klaus would be in the house nor do they know if it was safe for her to know about this.

"Hey." Caroline breathed out with a small smile, "I don't think I've introduced myself to you properly." She said, remembering the incident few nights ago when Klaus turned her boyfriend into a hybrid, "I'm Caroline and this is Bonnie."

Layla returned her smile politely, "I'm Layla. Nik's sister." She looked at Bonnie and she looked like someone she knew, "You're a descendant of Ayana."

"Ayana?" Bonnie asked in confusion, before she could ask who it was, her phone started vibrating on top of the dresser. She went over to it and saw the caller ID being Jeremy, she looked at Caroline with an exasperated look and the girl immediately knew what to do.