3.

CHAPTER THREE

THE NEXT MORNING Damon went downstairs and saw two dead girls on the floor at the foot of the stairs. He made a face, walking over to them and entered the parlor where he saw Stefan with a few girls, playing Twister.

"Uh-oh, Alexandra, left hand, please." Stefan said as the girl gave him her hand, he smiled in satisfaction, biting into her wrist.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase own me a Persian rug." Damon said, looking at Stefan.

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug?" Stefan said, looking at Damon, "It's my house, too, brother." He smirked, "Ooh! Would you like a spin?" He asked, holding up the spinner.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena and the girl I don't know, Layla?" Damon asked, remembering the night before when Stefan told them about having to protect Elena and some girl called Layla.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be." Stefan said.

Someone knocked on the door and Damon went to it, opening the front door, he saw two blonde women. One of them immediately entered with shopping bags in her hands as for the other blonde, she smiled at him politely.

"May I come in?" She asked.

Damon gave her a weird look and stepped aside, looking at the two blondes as they turned to him as well, "Where's Stefan?" The girl with shopping bags demanded.

"Who the hell are you two?" Damon asked rudely.

"He left us here." Rebekah said as they walked in the parlor and she saw Stefan, "Our brother actually left us here."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Stefan started, looking at her mockingly, "Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care."

"You two are Klaus' sisters?" Damon asked, looking at them up and down although the polite one caught most of his attention.

"Rebekah. Please, I'm sure." Rebekah said, giving him a brief glance, "Which one's my room?"

Layla winced at her sister's manners, "I apologize for her manners," She told Damon, "I'm Layla." She said, giving him a smile and Damon almost fell on his knees when she saw her beautiful smile.

"You're not staying here." Stefan said before looking at Layla, "As for you, you can stay here, so I can look after you."

Rebekah scowled and looked at Damon, who just stared at her, she scoffed, "Rude, both of you. I'll see to it myself." She said, walking towards the stairs.

"So, I guess she's staying here too." Stefan said, shrugging.

Layla looked at Stefan with a frown, "What do you mean by looking after me?"

"Klaus' orders." Stefan answered.

"Huh?" Layla uttered, "I'm confused, why are you acting this way?"

Stefan stood up and walked over to her with a smirk plastered on his face, he stopped until they were chest to chest, making Layla flush, "This is me with my emotions off, darling." He said, "Courtesy of your brother, Klaus."

Layla's eyebrows shot up in surprise and looked towards Damon before looking back to Stefan, "My brother compelled you to turn your humanity off?" She asked incredulously.

Stefan nodded his head and went back to play his sick Twister game. Damon walked towards Layla and frowned at her, "You are weirdly nice for an Original."

Layla shrugged her shoulders, "There's no reason to be rude to people."

"Damon." He introduced, tilting his head at her.