1.

CHAPTER ONE

A LOUD GASP echoed through the empty warehouse, the coffin she has been laying on was wide open and the dagger from her heart was removed. The girl carefully sat up and looked around the place; there were five more coffins around her.

She stepped out of her coffin and ran towards the other one, reading the name on it; she opened the coffin where it showed a blonde girl, still dressed during the 11th century.

Rebekah smiled down at her sister, she's been daggered for too long. She bent down, grabbing the dagger and ripping it out of her chest, letting the dagger fall on the floor and looked around for a human to feed on.

The blonde vampire noticed a bodyguard standing in the middle of the supposed empty warehouse, staring blankly, she weakly walked over to him and her face vamped out, veins crawling under her eyes and her fangs elongating. She could see the fear in the bodyguard's eyes but he was compelled to stay silent and to let her feed on him.

Rebekah lunged for his neck and bit into the man's neck, sucking the blood out of him, but making sure that she leaves enough blood for her sister, and enough blood that she will not kill the bodyguard. She knew how sensitive their youngest sibling is.

A gasp caught Rebekah's attention; she pulled away from the man's neck and smirked towards the girl sitting up from her coffin, her back facing her. Rebekah walked towards the coffin while dragging the man by his collar behind her.

"Sister." Rebekah said with a smile on her face.

"Last time someone called me that, I got daggered." Layla said bitterly, her voice hoarse as she looked up at the older version of her.

Layla stepped outside of her coffin, standing up, smelling the sweet scent of blood making veins crawl under her eyes. She looked at Rebekah hesitantly as she felt her fangs elongating, hitting her bottom lip.

Rebekah gave her an assuring look, "You won't kill him, I promise, I'll watch over you."

Layla nodded her head and let her fangs grow into its full length as she walked over to the bodyguard and sunk her fangs into his neck, moaning at the sweet taste of his blood, she could only imagine how long it has been since she was daggered and considering Rebekah's odd and unusual dress and the blood stain on her chest, she wished that it has only been two centuries.

Rebekah pulled on Layla's elbow lightly making her pull away from the man's neck. Layla turned to Rebekah and she merely gave her a pointed look causing Layla to nod her head understandingly, wiping the blood from her mouth with the back of her hand.

Rebekah finished off the bodyguard and threw him aside after, she turned to Layla, tackling her in a tight hug, "I have missed you, dear sister."

"As do I, Bekah." Layla said, smiling against her sister's shoulder, she pulled away and gave her a questioning glance, "But, please do tell me, how long has it been since I have been daggered?"

Rebekah shook her head, "I do not know, Layla, but I was daggered during the..." She hesitated, looking at Layla carefully before sighing, "1920s."

"...1920?" Layla breathed out in disbelief, her eyes widening, "I have been daggered for...eight centuries?" She whispered, her hand covering her mouth.

"It might be longer, sister." Rebekah said, "Considering the fact that I have been daggered during the 20s, I could only imagine how long I have been lying in that coffin and how long it has been since Nik finally undaggered me."

"Undaggered you..." Layla trailed off in confusion, frowning, "Did you mean that Nik was not the one whom undaggered me?" She asked, in which Rebekah answered her with a shake of her head, "You did."