2.

CHAPTER TWO

STEFAN WOKE UP with another loud gasp and saw Rebekah and Layla standing near the open door of the truck they were in.

"Oh, he lives." Rebekah smiled.

"What happened?" Stefan asked, his brows furrowing into another frown as he noticed Klaus wasn't around.

"You took a beating." Layla said, wincing, she felt bad for Stefan, "Our brother has been breaking your neck all afternoon." She said, looking at him in concern, "Are you okay?"

Rebekah crossed her arms, "Quite the temper, my brother has."

Stefan nodded his head in response of Layla's question before asking, "Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?"

"You can stop playing dumb now." Rebekah said, "It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding."

Stefan shook his head in denial, "I'm not hiding anything." He said, "I've done everything Klaus has asked me to."

Layla pursed her lips, "Klaus is not stupid." She said.

"No," Rebekah said, "you just failed to mention that the doppelganger's still alive."

"Where is Klaus now?" Stefan asked, alarmed that they had come to known that Elena was still alive.

"With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off." Rebekah snapped.

Stefan rushed at Rebekah and they both flew out of the truck and onto the pavement with him on top of her. Layla gasped in horror, she jumped out of the truck and pushed Stefan away from her sister, not wanting to witness any kind of violent fight. She's already had enough of seeing Klaus snap Stefan's neck all afternoon.

"Where is she?" Stefan asked, gritting his teeth.

"You really do love her, don't you?" Rebekah asked bitterly, speeding over to Stefan and grabbing his collar, she pushed him against the truck. Her hands balled into fists and threw a punch in his face. Rebekah grabbed the crowbar from behind him and pulled him towards her, "Consider me jealous." She snarled, driving the crowbar into his stomach.

Rebekah walked away, leaving Layla with Stefan. Stefan was on the verge of passing out and Layla quickly ran over to him as he slid down from the truck and sat on the ground.

"Oh no." Layla fussed, looking at the crowbar, "Should I remove this from you?" She asked, not knowing what to do, "Please tell me what to do." She said worriedly.

"Just—remove it, remove the crowbar." Stefan gritted out, his eyes closing.

"Stay awake," Layla said, "You need to save the girl you love, remember?" She told him, grabbing onto the crowbar tightly, "I am sorry for the pain this may cause you." She said softly before ripping the crowbar from his stomach causing Stefan to let out a yell in pain. Layla threw away the crowbar and cupped his cheeks, patting them to keep him awake, "I do not know what to do now."

Stefan groaned, putting his hand on his stomach, "I'll heal, don't worry. I just need to wait for a moment to get my strength back."

"Are you certain?" Layla asked, "If needed I can feed you my blood." She said, offering her wrist to him, not aware of the fact that vampires sharing blood with each other is intimate.

Stefan shook his head, "No, no." He said, "I'll be fine."

Layla nodded her head and waited for Stefan to heal, she noticed that he was healing slower than any regular vampire, but she didn't think much of it, it was probably because he lost too much blood and his neck has been snapped a hundred times today.