chapter 8: only time will tell

He lead me back to the trucks where a group of men where waiting. "Alpha! I see you found her." A man yelled and Altair growled at him. I flinched and the man cowered away behind his friend. "Everyone load up!" Altair ordered as he waved his hand in a circle in the air. "ROUGES!!!!" Someone yelled and Altair growled as he moved to protect me. Pleantly of rouges came charging towards us as gunfire was exchanged. I shifted and ran away again. "Alex no!" Altair ordered in alpha command at me but fear over took me as I ran fast and far. I hear a rouge or two chase after me. As i run some growls and yelps can be heard. I run faster until i feel a heavy force push me to the ground.

I look up to see a brown and grey rouge growling above me. slobber drips from his mouth onto my white fur. That wolf Is forced off me by a large black wolf that starts ripping the brown wolf's neck out. I get up and keep running until I feel a sharp pain in my left side. I look down and see that I've been shot by a 12 gauge shot gun. I shift into human form as tears fall freely down my face. The large black wolf runs up to me and stands over me as I black out.

ALTAIR p.o.v.

The battle with the rouges went on and on. I had to defend my wounded mate. It was a little difficult because of her small size and the surrounding rogues. But soon enough Xavier found me and the rogues soon left us alone. I shifted back and Xavier stayed in wolf form. I growled at Xavier for looking at my naked mate. His gaze immediately shifted to the now so interesting leaves. "Run back to the trucks and get me a pair of jeans and two shirts." I ordered Xavier and he bolted back to the trucks. I placed pressure on her wound. Luckily the shrapnel only nicked her so it was only a few cuts.

A few minutes later Xavier returned with my pair of jeans and two shirts. I put the jeans on and I tied one of my shirts around my mates wound. I pulled the other shirt over her body. Everywhere I touched her I felt sparks. They calmed me to a degree. Once I was finished dressing her I carefully picked her up and got on Xavier's back. He ran back to the trucks and when we got there I placed my mate into the back of a blue GMC.  "We need to leave now. I can see the rouges have set fire to the pack house. Alpha sage and his siblings are back on power pack soil and I don't think they would take to kindly to us being here right now." I tell my envoy and we are quick to leave.

Soon enough after we arrive at the warrior pack hospital. I jump out of the truck with my mate in my arms. I rush her into the hospital and the doctors take her to my personal room. She is stiched up but because of the malnutrition she has gone through we don't know if she will wake up.

Only time will tell