chapter 9: beep

Alex p.o.v

Beep..... Beep..... Beep.

Beep? What the heck?

I slowly open my eyes only to see a white ceiling with bright lights. A soft bed lay under me with a fluffy, light weight, blanket on top of me. To my left there is a heart monitor with an IV line that runs into my arm. Where am I?

Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep.

Panic and fear begin to set in as I took in my surroundings. I shot up from my resting position on my back. Pain shot through my side and I fell right back down. "Alpha she's awake!" I hear a lady yell and the sound of rushing footsteps fill my ears. Soon after the for door opens up and two nurses and a fairly large man walk in.

The scent of cinnamon and incense fill the air. The man has blond hair and blue eyes. He had fairly large muscles and a well built body. He is tall, maybe 6'3? His hair is messed up, like he had been running his fingers through it. Dark bags rest under his eyes from a lack of sleep. His eyes lock with mine and I look away.

"Miss calm down, please." One of the nurses tell me as she touches my shoulder. I jump and push myself away from her, ripping my IV out in the process. Pain rushes through me as a tear slips out of my eye. The alpha, alpha Altair, walls further into the room. "Hey, your ok. Your safe." The other nurse tells me as I look directly at Altair. He continues to move closer to me. "Get out now." Altair orders the nurses and they look at him with confusion. "But sir-" "I said get out!" He yells and the nurses run out as I jump. He takes a deep breath and pulls a chair up next to my bed.

"Alex." He said in a comforting tone. My wolf purred and told me to seek comfort with him. "Alpha." I croak out. My throat hurts from talking. He passes me a glass of water and I carefully take it from him. My hands shake as I take a drink. The water slides down my dry throat. I hold it in my lap as I twirl my finger around the edge of the glass. "Don't call me that. Call me Altair." He says as he takes the glass from me. "Ok, sorry." I squeak out. "Do you know where you are?" He asked me as I looked at him through my dirty hair. "Earth." I said and he chuckled. Where did that come from?! I haven't had my smart ass mouth for a long while. "The warrior pack to be exact. Your going to stay here. With me." He said and I began to panic.

Living with another alpha?! Altair could be worse then gabe. "Calm down." He said softly. My wolf helped me calm down. "Where will I sleep?" I asked him. I don't want to sleep in the dungeons again. "In my room. With me of course." He said and a slight panic set in but my wolf blocked most of it out. I started silent as we locked eyes.

Altair p.o.v

"Ok Altair, you got this. Don't come off to blunt. Or to caring because she will suspect something. Or so cold because then she won't trust us. Now, ask hey if she would like a shower." My wolf, Solider, told me. "Would you like to take a shower? Without me." I asked my mate. Her skin had some color back. Her long brown hair is all matted and greasy. "Good job! I didn't have to tell you to add 'with out me'. " solider said. He had been walking me through this whole thing. Without him I would have screwed up a long time ago. I can't count the times he has saved my butt. "Cold water I take it?" Alex asked me and I grew curious but he'd my toung. What did jace do to her? "Warm water. I'll call in a nurse." I tell her and she doesn't say anything.

I mind link Joanna, my betas mate. She arrives in a few minutes and she tells me to get out. I take one more look at my mate and walk out. While they are doing that I think I'll look into what all went on with my mate.