Pay Attention

Came in with all this money

I know that they all want it

But you're the on who gets it

Should've paid more attention 

// Jo Vaughn //

"Go Joey !"

Courtney , my nigga since elementary days cheered me on . He don't like people calling him by his first names so we just go by Steez  .

"Yo , sitting back plotting , jotting information on my nation 

Really started from the bottom , boy cotton 

But they still planting plantations , we keep buying in 

Closed-minded men 

Pride is higher than the prices on your Pradas and 

Balenciagas Balance my saga with the Henny agua 

Me and my niggas tryna eat , you pussies empanada 

The flow like plenty lava 

With just a penny I could multiply my worth 

And make you work for me for twenty hours ."

The words rolled off my tongue so damn good as the people screamed and cheered me on . Every since I was nine I dreamed of becoming a rapper straight out of the rough side Brooklyn . 

"Pay up now niggas ."

Steez said holding his hand out to the crowd as people smacked cash into his hand . Every Friday during lunch we would come outside to the court doing rap battles for fun . The man I was suppose to go up against didn't show up so I was just rapping off . Hearing the bell rung , people started walking back into the class for last block . 

"My nigga always on fire ."

I laughed dapping him up as he split the money .

"What song that's from ?"

He asked as we walked over to the table grabbing our book bags . 

"I plan to call it Paper Trails , I don't know . I'm not done with it , well not just yet ."

My parents and siblings moved to the island leaving me here to stay with my aunt and her sons . Just because I was acting up in school and got into a lot of trouble with the law . If you ask me I would think it would make sense to let me go so I won't do none of that . But I mean you can't tell my parents shit . 

"Sound good b . Aye BJ having a block party kicking off spring break and I think you should come and kick off some of those rap skills ."

I shrugged my shoulders pushing the cafeteria doors . Walking over to the snack machine , I took a wrinkle dollar from my pocket straighten it out before putting it into the slot .