3

HEARTFILIA MANSION

Mr. Jude Heartfilia, owner of one of the famous companies in the country, stood with his back on his desk. He was at his office, working late last night. He was still wearing his robe and fluffy house slippers.

It was peaceful, just staring at the large window overlooking their estate. When suddenly, he started coughing. Hard.

Trying not to be so loud, he covered his mouth with the sleeve of his white robe as he coughed.

When he was done, he saw blood on the white cloth. Lots of it. Yes, he was sick, very sick. He sighed heavily as he looked at his own blood, wondering how many years, months, weeks, days he had left in this world.

A knock on the door instantly made him perk up and hide his now dirty sleeve on his back.

Noone must know of his condition.

"Daddy, are you in there?"

Especially his little girl.

"I'm here sweetie. Come in" he replied, trying his best not to sound weak.

One side of the double doors opened, revealing his daughter who was ready for work.

Her blonde hair in a messy bun, just like the color of her mother's and father's. Very beautiful that she got tons of offers from modelling agencies and started working at age 18.

"Good morning daddy. I already had breakfast. You should, too" she said, her smile never leaving her face.

"Yes yes i'll be there in a moment. It's already 7 AM, you should go. You'll be late for that photoshoot or something" he said waving his hand lazily.

"Look who's talking, you should be the one running the company by now, not fooling around in the house" she said with a giggle.

She started to move closer to kiss her father goodbye when he stopped her.

"Oh no no! Stop right there young lady, this old man is stinky right now. Do you really want to smell bad at work?" Her father stopped her midway.

They both laughed and she started to leave.

But not before hearing him say,

"Be careful, Lucy."

With that, she gave him a warm smile and left.

DRAGNEEL ESTATE
Natsu's office...

He sat on his black leather chair. As majestic as always. His legs covered in black slacks were crossed comfortably.

A glass of JahkDaniels on his right hand, the other hand rubbed the sides of his jaws.

He slowly turned his head to the door as it opened. Out came a blonde man with a scar on his right eye, carrying a folder in his hand.

"Heard about what happened. Here ya go, all the info on that girl's in there," the man said as he placed the folder on the desk and folded his arms. This was new to him. Natsu never asked for information about any girl at all. In fact, the girls asked instead.

Natsu was never really interested in them. Sure, he had slept with some...more than some. But he never took them seriously.

He straightened up in his chair and opened the file, started murmuring stuff. Loud enough for the other man to hear though.

"Lucy Heartfilia. 20. Single. Works at Sorcerer's Weekly magazine. A model...wait, Heartfilia? Hm...Mother is deceased. Father is Jude..." he rested his back on the chair as he mentioned the name.

Processing the information, the blonde guy's eyes widened as if he just saw his wife Mirajane for the first time.

"You mean, as in Heartfilia? The Heartfilias? The ex-second rank Family? The-"

"I don't want anyone to know about this, Laxus," Natsu interrupted the man's train of questions as he stood up.

"But then again, the She-Devil being your wife, i doubt this conversation will remain secret for long," he shook his head as he waved Laxus to leave.

Alone again in his office, Natsu looked at the clouds through the tinted glass wall.

A smirk played on his lips.

"Who knew you'd be uncle's little angel,"

A statement rather than a question.