21

AKA REGGIE TRIES TO FIT IN

INSTAGRAM

thereggiemantle: happy birthday baaaabe!!!

1,323 LIKES

TAGGED: LUNALOVED

COMMENTS

usernamea: usernameb told u they were dating

usernameb: damn :(

lunaloved: h8 u + the name babe

thereggiemantle: <3 lunaloved

cassialionel: lionels really love calling u reginald huh?

mandypark: yall should just date smh

joeypark: HAHA REGINALD

cherylblossom: why haven't you made it official yet?

lunaloved: mandypark cherylblossom were not dating!!

mandypark: OHHHH I UNDERSTAND NOW

thereggiemantle: mandypark wanna explain it to me? cos im lost.

An hour or so later, Reggie rolled back his shoulders nervously as he raised his fist to knock on the door to Luna's house. There was a moment where he wondered if he should just turn and run out but he didn't have a choice as the door opened. Cassia was standing there with a bored expression.

"Oh! You were invited?" She said as her face twisted in confusion. "Well... Come in." She said with a forced smile and stepped back. He raised an eyebrow as to why she seemed so conflicted about actually letting in the football player. That's when he saw the dark haired Jughead standing off from a chattering group with a crooked grin.

"Reg!" Luna smiled, stunning him briefly with her beauty, before she bound over to give him a gently hug. He wrapped his arm around her to hold her briefly before she pulled away and smiled up at him. "I'm glad you came. We're not eating for a few more minutes so go ahead and talk to everyone." With that she had turned to talk to a lazily grinning Joey who gave Reggie a look over her shoulder.

"I see you two have gotten close." A monotonous voice said from over the football players shoulder. Reggie turned to spot the very person he didn't want to talk to. "Not trying to cause trouble. Just here to talk." Reggie looked at Jughead with a cautious expression as if gauging where the trap was but the dark haired boy looked at peace. "It's not our day. It's Luna's." At first the jock stared with confusion as to how Jughead was 'civil' to him despite the bad things he had done but he nodded.

"My my my, Reggie why wasn't I informed you were coming?" The girl standing next to Jughead asked with a huge grin that echoed nothing but enthusiasm. "Give me a hug, Mr. Popular!" Mandy boisterously laughed as she grabbed him and hugged him tightly. He smiled, hugging her gently and when she pulled back she looked him up and down. "Jesus, I thought I was looking good but clearly that's an understatement." As Cassia approached with a cup of some sort of punch Mandy smiled widely as if Reggie wasn't even there

"Don't tell me you want to steal Mandy away from me. God, Reginald, I knew you were a player but going after a lesbian? Tsk, tsk." The trio seemed to laugh softly at that but then there was silence. Reggie was thinking of the Instagram comment that had been bugging him. Cassia, with her lack of tact or empathy, noticed it easily. "Oh you're thinking of my sister and how she won't date you, right?" She asked loudly and a few people looked over but the pink haired girl didn't seem to hear it.

"Shush!" He groaned and Mandy snickered.

"You're not that bright, Reggie. I mean I think it's obvious why. You're a player, yeah, but she doesn't care unless you hurt her. It's more about... permission." He raised his eyebrows to draw them together and the blonde sighed. "Ugh, you are clueless! She wants you to ask her out! In a special way!" His face blankened and Cassia groaned.

"Pick flowers or bake a cake or fight a bear or have Archie write her a song for you and just make it important to both of you!" She whisper yelled as the birthday girl approached.

"Hey guys." She laughed a little as she approached and noticed how her friends looked so confused but happy. "I was just telling Joey, Jughead, and Archie that Veronica and Betty said they'd be a few minutes late so we can start eating now." Cassia whooped loudly and grabbed onto Mandy to drag her away. "Having fun?" He looked down at her with a gentle smile that grew. He put a hand on her cheek to kiss her forehead happily. She stood stunned and he smiled.

"I guess." He said but she knew by the faint glow in his expression he truly was. So she smiled at him, something out of character for her, and she walked him away to where others were waiting.

"Mr. Mantle! I'm so glad you could join us!" The Lionel's mother said with a smile from where she sat at the incredibly long table. Luna let go of him to sit at the head and he glanced over everyone before choosing a seat separating Cheryl and Archie.

"Would anyone want to say grace?" The teens were quiet before Luna shrugged and raised her hand. Reggie was confused but when heads bowed his did too. He had never grown up in any sort of a religious household so this was rather new to him.

"Dear heavenly father, please bless this place and the people around us. Make this year special for all of us and let hope reign. Please help the Lodges with their problems and the Blossoms with coping with the loss of Jason, who we all miss, and let this be a good meal. In Jesus name, amen." Luna finished before opening her eyes and flashing a smile across the room. Whilst the teens weren't necessarily involved with religion or cared about what theirs was their parents were both obedient Christians who were going to either be gone for business or mission trips across the world.

There was brief silence before Luna grinned wildly and reached forward to grab a big bowl of mashed potatoes. The table dissolved into a chatter and laughter and somehow Reggie fit in to place. Clearly this wasn't his usual scene but if it made Luna happy then he would do it for her.

"Reggie. Are you sidelined by a Lionel as well?" Cheryl said as she turned to face him with her usual tempting smile. He rolled his eyes a little and shook his head. She sighed with her glossy lips barely parting. "Only me then? Damn."

"Cheryl, your never gonna be sidelined. You're Cheryl Blossom." He said in a tone that made her nearly laugh.

"Then why am I the one alone while those two are practically drooling over one another?" She said in a sardonic tone before he rolled his eyes and grabbed her hands. 

"Cheryl Blossom. I know one thing about you and that is the fact that you do not give up." She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before smiling sharply. "Get your girl. If it doesn't work out you can always go looking for a new girl or boy or whatever you're into." He smiled at the brief genuine smile growing before she hid it with a harsh smirk.

"Who would've thought Reggie Mantle would be giving me advice?" She said and shook their hands together before letting a slight genuine laugh out and his followed. For the first time since he arrived he felt like he was fitting in. That's when Luna's eyes crossed his and he felt a burning passion through his body before he finally just looked at his plate with a half smile. He just wanted to think about this moment where he felt happy.