To Vemor we go~Part I

Morning came by again, casting another springy day across Ardoria. And as I stared at the birthing sun, tracing the splashed colors on the firmament with my eyes, I wondered. Wondered about our trip to Vemor, how school would be like and what was hidden in the pages of fate.

Everything that happened since the few passed days brewed in my mind, forcing me to brace the truth. There was no comeback. No options and no choices. Only kismet and its will. And from now on, surviving was for the toughest. Even as I came close to admit that everything happening wasn't a delirium, I couldn't comprehend my crown just yet. And I doubted it would be anytime soon.

With nothing more than curiousness, I drew my eyes to my right, slowly removing the silky fabric. And as my skin became fully bare to morning's wind, I jolted. As thought turning mute, the world vanished from around me. Terror threatened to tear me in half as nothing greeted me back. Nothing but the clean of my palm.

I felt my heart thumping hard against my ribcage, verging to break free. My stomach twisted in the wrong direction as I gaped. The mark of Aether, the symbol that marked me since seventeen years ago, was nowhere to be found.

I was horrified. Ramos's face flashed in my head, a sickening feeling washing over me. For several years, I loathed my symbol, wished that it would leave with time, but at the moment, I didn't.

The court leader said that this symbol was my identity, my bloodline and heritage. But as it disappeared, everything around me blurred. With a yelped dash, I emerged from my back garden and into the hallways.

Ramos. I had to find Ramos.

I ran in the halls, ducking past the agitated trainees. We were leaving to Vemor in a matter of hours. Everybody was either packing or landing a hand to who ever needed it. Several odd, questioning eyes stared at me, disapproval in them. I looked mad, running like that. But I could never care less.

Stopping in front of the double mahogany doors, I knocked briskly. No seconds later, Ramos opened the door, the guards nowhere to be found.

"What is it?'' he asked, his face contorting as he eyed me. Something in his eyes urged me to reply but my voice died in my throat. I couldn't think, couldn't proceed. With whatever right mind I still had, I raised my palm.

Shock lined his face along with his wrinkles, his eyes not wavering. He pulled me with him, settling me on an armchair before he sat across me.

"Do not panic.''

"How the hell do you want me not to panic? The mark has disappeared. Freaking disappeared! You said that if the--"

"Celestia, breathe. We will find no solution as long as you are agitated so much.''

Several inhales and exhales later, I could properly act. Finding my composure, I massaged the bridge of my nose.

"I am aware of what I told you before. May you fear not, with the mark vanished it does not mean you will also. It is your essence, your own blood.''

"What?"

"I am not entirely certain myself. The symbols are carved into the soul itself, although they should not disappear, there might be a logical reason.'' He rose from his chair and to the sea of books and scrolls lying on his desk. ''Be a dear and help me find it.''

''Find what?''

"A parchment I've been reading. It crossed my way several weeks ago and I brought it here in aim to study it in advance. But time is merciless as I did not had the chances to look into it.''

Obeying, I helped him diving through the plethora of old papers until he found it. Opening it and settling it on his study table, he started reading. I tried to catch something of what was written, but the language was unreadable. If my studies these past two days were correct, it belonged to the ancient elves that first lived in some lost islands scattered everywhere across Ardoria.