The Guardian~Part II

"How do you advise us to prove our authenticity to take your eye?'' asked Leon, standing immediately underneath the beast.

"Take it, no, milord. I have another way that might please us both.'' Havar leaned his head close, what I though was a smile traced his face, revealing two pointy, argentine fangs. ''I was told by Aether's angel long ago about this moment. The day where four younglings will risk their souls to save our beloved world. Honesty, valiance and joy,'' he stared at Mayra before turning to Carter, ''loyalty, bravery and generosity.'' Leon was next, ''like your fire, passionate and devoted, mysterious yet powerful. A heart warm as the flames but in same time strong and rigid, Nevor's mightiest description.''

"As of you,'' he stared at me, ''you are a blur. A lost between the past and the future. A soul too pure to its own safety yet marred with the bitterness of the fallen years and insecurities. A soul that could fake devilishness yet stays as white as Aether's light. As his daughter.

''My eyes have been crafted to bear the eternal map to the final ring. A highest prophecy, sculpted into Ether's throne itself, foresaw this day. My soul is to bind with one of yours, to protect him or her to the last breath. All you have to do is to build this connection.''

"How do we do so?''

"By riding me. My fire will not damage what is not a birth from fire, come by safe. But only one of you will tame me.''

"I will try first,'' declared Mayra, stepping forward. Magical bindings appeared around Havar's ankles, the golden spell casting light across his silver scales.

Reluctantly, Mayra placed her hands around his neck before lifting her feet. The girl had not the time to fully ride him until he started shaking. It was then that I understood the role of the bounders. Havar tossed and jerked, spurting and screaming.

He was at rage and in pain, the clear gem of his eye turning to an obsidian stone. He roared mightily and jumped, causing the distressed fae to get catapulted away. Carter and I were quick in reacting, being the closest ones. Each from one side, we grabbed her halfway before she had the chance to collide with one of the statues.

"Are you alright?'' I asked, helping her on her feet.

"I guess, it seems I have relishes in getting thrown in the air.''

Havar was panting, smoke emanating from where Mayra had touched him.

"I will be next.''

Carter didn't come out more glorious than the earth fae did. He also was thrown away from an over agitated wyvern and ended flying before he collided with a statue representing a mystical beast of some sort.

''I think I will take my chance,'' I said, climbing his right wing. He stirred and I braced myself to be shot at any possible moment.

Both hands grasping the scales of his wing, I pulled one leg over before I pushed my body completely up. He jolted but didn't jerk too hard for my liking.

I moved until I could sit on the back of his neck, feeling the fire roaring beneath me. I closed my eyes slightly, searching for a connection between his soul and mine. They were miniature loopholes in his aura that were meant to produce this connection, this bound. Slowly, I let my strength merge with his until-

Havar raged once again, his fire flickering, his wings batting like he was flying in a storm. His aura became dangerous and violent, kicking mine in different directions. It hurt. I knew he was about to lash, and as quick as I could afford it, I started dismounting his huge body.

He reclined back, trying to evade from the bounders around his feet before letting go of a sort of protecting magic. The wave of power pushed me back but I managed landing on both my feet.