Chapter One

This a new story, obviously and it was inspired by King Park by La dispute so.. I hope you guys like it.

----

Everything was white, even when I closed my eyes all there was, was a bright piercing white light around me. Then it began to fade slowly, it started to fade from the sky and worked itself down revealing my surroundings. I was in the middle of the street, there were no cars or people, only me. I was scared but also glad that I was alone, maybe even abandoned. That's because I was laying in the street and when my eyes were open and the white was gone all I saw was the dark sky and all I heard was complete and utter silence. Not even the chirps and noises that the bugs made at night and when I looked around I could recognize the surrounding buildings and shops. I was a few blocks away from my house and I was laying in the street in front of my local gas station. I wasn't sure what the time was but, everything seemed to be closed even the gas station which was open 24 hours. I didn't exactly feel cold but there was a chill I couldn't help notice. I stood up and dusted off my jeans, and by the time I even looked at my shirt I was convinced I was dreaming. My white shirt was less white but more red and brown. There were parts that were scraped by the road and there were three large bullet holes through them stained with blood. I didn't feel any pain, in fact I didn't feel anything really. I still, out of panic from the sight raised my shirt to reveal my completely undamaged torso, and I let go a sigh of relief. I searched for my cell phone, and I couldn't find a signal. I decided to walk towards the gas station and conveniently the door was open, I should of left right when the lights began to flicker but, I was still no matter what convinced this was a dream.

As I opened the entranced I was followed by a fog that covered the ground and it made me lose sight of my own feet as I walked. I looked around with no one in sight but I could feel the presence of multiple people without them actually being physically visible. If this wasn't a dream, my parents must be very worried, it seemed pretty late and the clock in the gas station was broken because the time was stuck at 7:49 pm, and no way it could be already that dark at this time.
I kept looking at every turn, my body felt strange and the roads were completely empty, there weren't even parked cars. Then the fog began to follow me again, but I went into a different direction from my house into the woods and towards the village.

The village was a small community of stores,restaurants and motels. It's where most kids around here hung out. I avoided the fog though, as if I was going to have a night time stroll in the middle of the woods while my mother was probably sending out a search party right now. My mind was still a bit hazy as to how and why I was laying in the street.
I could see my house from where I was walking from by now, the lights were off which was strange because my parents usually never go out. I was also an only child, so I'm usually the only one who goes out. I was surprised to see the front door unlocked, my moms really cautious about these sort of things.
"Mom? Dad? I'm home, sorry I'm late but, I guess, heh, I lost track of time." I called out, but no one answered.
The only thing that was here was that annoying fog that was starting to become a huge creepy nuisance. It was the same feeling I got from the gas station but, stronger. I called out again and the house was so empty it just made my voice echo. I could hear something, like close, but far at the same time. I heard faint crying, very faint crying. Ok, I'm either in a dream, or horror movie.
It felt like I shouldn't of been there so I left, still checking my phone to see if I had service. Still no, and I guess it got broken because the clock was frozen on 7:49 too.
I pinched myself and slapped my face but, I didn't wake up not at all.
I decided to hell with it, I'm following that stupid fog, but I wasn't anywhere, it dispersed before I even looked down back at my now visible feet. I wish I got a hoodie before leaving the house, not because I was cold but I just like wearing them when I decide to go for a walk. Then I began to walk down my street and after a while I saw that oh so familiar fog, going towards the woods.
I sighed and walked quicker to catch up to it so it can finally lead me to whatever it wants me to see. I walked up the stone path in the woods passing by the bare trees. I couldn't see my feet because they were masked by the fog, but I could hear my feet crunching the leaves underneath them. I just let the fog guide me, and I looked up at times to make sure I wasn't going to hit something and before I knew it I was out of the woods heading towards the village.

I decided that there was no harm in walking in the center of the woods since everything seemed to be so peacefully empty and quiet. I could feel the flickering street lights above me and the stores, and when I looked up to check were I was then looked back down to the fog, it was gone without a trace. Then I stood up straight and fully took on my current location, I was standing directly in front a shady motel that seniors go to after prom. Which in fact was in two months, I wasn't really planning on going to it, since I didn't really know the right guy to ask. No matter what I did to wake myself up I'm still convinced this is an incredibly vivid dream. Obviously the fog took me here for a reason so I approached the motel building near the highway. The vacant sign began to flicker and even though there were no bugs I could see or hear, I could hear the electric bug thing killer buzzing away like a storm of bugs were hitting it. Like most motels, the majority was out doors, except for this one. You could even call this a hotel, this motel was high class compared to other ones. There was no one situated behind the front desk or anything, every store, house, motel, there was absolutely no sign of anyone. This place was a ghost town. I just want to see one person, just one to keep me from going insane. Right after I thought that my prayers were answered because someone quickly passed across the hall slamming a door behind them. It would seem frightening, but to me that was a ray of hope, so I followed their direction. I knocked on their door straight away but no answer. I huffed at it, and kicked the door. My annoyance got the best of me when I stomped away. I went out into the parking lot facing the out door part of the motel.
If I didn't hear his rapid breathing I would of completely passed him but, when I did I stopped dead in my tracks and looked up at him. He had brown shoulder length hair, and faded skin and his eyes were empty and cold as he looked down at me. I sighed in relief when I saw him even if he didn't even look remotely trust worthy. He turned away from me once I saw him, he ignored my calls and went back inside, I didn't want to follow him but I had no choice. I went to the exact spot I saw him and he was in the same spot I was, this time I was looking down at him. I was really tired from following this guy around, I jumped over the railing from the second floor and landed on the ground in front of him. I was sure that the landing was going to hurt especially since I landed on my feet but, nothing. I stood in front of him this time latching onto his arm to keep him from running again. This time he looked more human, more alive because he looked a little frightened by me. He seemed familiar like I've seen this guy somewhere but I couldn't think of anything at this moment.
"Who are you?" I asked, he didn't say anything so I grabbed his shoulders and shook him, "please just answer".
I begged him. By touching him my eyes went wide and I saw something, like a vivid memory. It was of me waking out of my front door and down the patio steps, I didn't before but now I remember leaving my house.
I was looking at the motel wall next to him for a few seconds before snapping out of it, he took a few moments when he looked like he was about to say something but didn't. I kept looking into his eyes, "please" I pleaded.
He looked down to the ground,
"Vic." that's all he said to me.
"Well, hello Vic. I'm Kellin Quinn, do you have any idea where everyone is?" I asked looking for any kind of answer.
He shook his head, he seemed very sad and asked me to let go of him quietly and I did. There was no way I was going to let the only sign of life out of my sights so I stayed close to this guy.
He wasn't much of a talker but when I demanded for him not to leave me he listened. I wanted to wait to see if the fog made an appearance so I could show him but of course it didn't.
"C'mon, lets go walk around" I said and he followed behind me. "There has to be someone somewhere, not just us right?" I asked, Vic didn't bother to answer. Where was everyone? No way the whole town would be gathered in just one place right? Was there some kind of town meeting I didn't know about? But that's when it hit me, there's no way nobody would be at that place right? There's always staff there no matter what the time was.
"Lets go downtown, I bet there's people at the hospital" I propositioned. I was heading down towards the hospital but, Vic then quickly latched onto my arm.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he was trying to pull me back.
"We can't go there" he said still pulling me back.
"Well why not?" I asked, I didn't understand why he was keeping me from going to the hospital
"We just can't, please we can't" he said.
"Well where is everybody then huh? Everybody just can't be gone" I asked. It looked like the whole towns population was wiped out and we were the only ones left. It was the start of the apocalypse I can guarantee it.
"We are the only ones here, ok" he said. "we're the one's who are gone."
"What? What do you mean? Why?" I asked all I was doing was asking him questions and he was barely answering them, and I kind of wish he didn't answer my last question.

"Because" he paused looking directly into my eyes me without breaking eye contact and he breathed in and out before telling me.

he hesistated "because you're dead."