Chapter Two

You have to be kidding, he's kidding right? This is definitely a dream, I mean I remember when one of my friends told us when she was legally dead for like 7 minutes and she said it felt like nothing. This doesn't feel like nothing and this doesn't exactly look like heaven to me. So far the after life completely sucked.

He was really cautious with his words as he spoke to me.

"My names Vic Fuentes, I died and when I woke up I was in that motel room." he pointed towards the rooms on the second floor toward the one where I first saw him.

"I don't remember how long I've been here, but it feels like I've been here a while, you've been the first person I've seen so far." he said.

"Do you know how you died?" I asked.

He then turned his head and moved his hair around to reveal a bullet wound on the side of his head.

"I figured I died from a gun shot" he said after showing me. "I'm guessing you did too, do you remember anything?" he asked paying more attention to my shirt. I shook my head,

"No, no I don't, not at all." I admitted.

"Well, why can't we go to the hospital?" I asked.

He looked as of he didn't want to tell me he just looked down to the ground, I was going to ask him again until I saw the fog, my dear old friend.

"Oh look!" I pointed in the fog's direction, "that thing showed me where you were, lets follow it." I said latching onto his wrist, I made a mental note to remember to bring up the whole hospital thing later.

He reluctantly began to follow me and the fog since he had no other choice but to.

"Have you ever seen this fog before?"

I asked.

"Yes, I've never followed it though." he told me.

"Well, why not?" I asked curiously.

"I was afraid of where it would take me." he said.

We were quiet after that, but my thoughts weren't quiet at all. Obviously if this was really the after life there would be more people, maybe both me and Vic have like unfinished business like in the movies and once we figure that out and do what we need to, we both will be able to move on and move on to a 'better' place.

This does explain a lot though, like why everyone is gone and why everything seemed to be so eerie and quiet and what I feel when I enter places like my house or the gas station. That was my mother crying wasn't it? And she was probably crying over me. No way I can be dead.

"Why can't I remember anything" I asked doubting that Vic had an answer.

"I don't know." I answered.

"This is a dream isn't it?" I asked.

"Sadly, no." he said.

"How do you know?" I said. He stopped walking and stopped me too. He pulled us towards a bench and we both sat on it together and we watched the fog pass us until we could no longer see it. I looked over at him, the light of the street lamp lit his face and I waited for him to answer my question.

" Have you ever seen me before? Anywhere?" he asked me, I wish I could say yes because inside I felt as of I have but, I I didn't, I shook my head.

"Right, well I've never seen you before either." he said. I wasn't sure exactly what his point was but, he continued on.

"In dreams, your brain can't make up people, every person in your dreams you've seen before. That's why I don't think this is just all one big dream but, there is a possibility that you have seen me but, just can't remember. I know I haven't seen you before though." he said, I understood his explanation and it does make sense.