ii.

"Hey, it's Hannah

"Hey, it's Hannah. Hannah Baker. Don't adjust you, whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me, live and in stereo" Stella heard from her old bomb box that she kept in her room. When she was younger she used to always listen to her dad's old tapes because she loved R&B music that much.

Stella was surprised to be hearing Hannah' voice or even getting these tapes. She knew what she had done to Hannah. How she tried to make her life hell throughout the almost two years that she went there.

Stella's tape was the first one of the 13 tapes, Right before everyone else's.

But you see it was all Hannah's fault. Hannah was the reason why Stella had to make her life hell. It all started the night of the party when Stella went to that back to school party with her ex-boyfriend Justin Foley. That night changed everything. But 10th grade year was were it all began.

***

Then beginning of sophomore year, some where excited and some weren't. Stella Carson was one who wasn't excited. Not all. She wasn't excited because she was ready for her Senior year. It felt like school was going by slow and unlike what everyone told her.

Stella sighed as she got out of her best friends car. Her four other friends got out also, Stella looked up at the school name. Liberty High, it wasn't a bad school, it was actually pretty decent. Or maybe she thought so because she was very popular and she never got the short end of the stick.

"so what are we doing tonight" Kitty asked them all. Stella just shrugged at her with her coffee in her hand. She wasn't really sure of what she wanted to do that night.

"We should probably go to the movies" Valentine suggested.

"That's a good idea" Audrey nodded her head in agreement.

"You know what sounds even better?" Veronica looked at all of her friends as they pushed past the school doors and walked down the hallway. "Going shopping and then to Monet's"

"That actually sounds like a good idea, Vee" Stella finally spoke up using the nickname they all called her.

"Well duh" Vee rolled her eyes. They all headed towards where the jocks usually hung out. Vee was currently dating that douche bag Bryce.

Vee walked over to Bryce and pulled him down towards her for a kiss. Stella scrunched up her nose and rolled her eyes. She couldn't stand the sight of them two together. Bryce was really an asshole good guy who put up a front of actually being decent. Truth is he was just some spoiled rich kind who always got what he wanted even if he didn't earn it.

For a brief moment Stella made eye contact with Justin. She rolled her eyes at him. They had recently broken up that summer. The same that they attended to that summer where they had sex. It was the same night that she found out he was cheating on her with some other a bitch. A bitch that wasn't even attending Liberty High anymore so she couldn't just beat her ass.

"can i talk to you?" Justin asked pulling Stella to the side a little. She wanted to talk to him and she wanted to be with him but he cheated on her and she didn't deserve that.

"you're talking right now aren't you?" she asked him crossing her arms over her chest. How could he have done that to her?

Cheat on her after she told him that she loved him? She thought about how good they were together and how much she loved him. but no she couldn't fall back in love with him. that's practically a trap.

"yeah you're right so i was wondering if we could talk after school maybe at Bryce's or something" Justin questioned. Definitely not, Stella was not going to be over to Bryce's. she barely even wanted to go to his house for party's.

"I'm busy after school" Stella started as she walked towards the trash to throw her drink away and then she headed towards the bathroom. She texted her friends to tell them where she was going.

Stella looked at herself in the mirror for a moment trying to pull herself together. She can't show any signs of weakness to Justin or he'll see that as a sign to try and move in on her.

Stella took a deep breath and then walked out. She bumped into someone and she looked up at him.

She was a bit confused because she never seen him before. She knew everyone at Liberty High since the first grade. Plus Stella would've remembered him and his weird hair. No guy she knew here had platinum hair. She thought it was weird but cute.

"I've never seen you before what's your name" She asked him

"It's Alex" He said nervously. "Do you know where the office is?"

She nodded her head at him and pointed him to the office since it was right down the hallway.

A/N: Present day will be in normal text and past will be in italics. There won't be a lot of present day just because nothing really happens during that time. and everything will be in order date wise. It won't be all jumbled up or anything. Mainly so i don't confuse myself because i'm that much of a dumbass