Chapter 3

We found their fire and they were eating meat. I disliked meat as did all elves. Mireldis and I saw the kids bound by chains and in a cage.

I was moving forward when something hit my head. Mireldis growled and I lost conscious.

When I woke and saw Mireldis in chains and I felt rope around my wrist.

“Don’t move or I will kill you.”

“Let me go or I will use force.”

They laughed and one man said, “How your hands are bound with ropes.”

I yelled “Jierda.” Break.

The ropes snapped and they got their bow and arrows and started shooting.

“Letta orya thorna.” Stop the arrows. Then I said, “Letta. You need to be taught manners to a dragon rider.” I went over to Mireldis and said “Jierda.” and she was free. She shook herself and watched the men. I walked over to the elves and freed them and said, “Ganga.” Go.

“Why did you do that? They work for us, you can be killed for that.” Mireldis hissed at them and walked forward protecting me.

“Those are my people and you have no right taking the people and coming to our island, Mireldis please quit hissing, they can’t hear me.”

“What are you, you look human and elf. Why are you on this island? You are human.”

“I am human but I live with my people and I protect them from people like you humans.”

“You speak for them like you are one. Tell me why are you here, you are young, how old are you?”

“I6. I am here because I was born here.”

Nieva we must go, I don’t trust them.

Ok let me heal you, you are bleeding.

Fine but hurry.

I went to her wings and found the cuts and healed them. Mireldis hissed every now and then and when someone came near.

“Ready to go? And don’t follow us or you will get killed.” I got on Mireldis and she jumped in the air and flew home. What happened after they hit me?

They tried to put you on the boat when I hissed and they stopped. They saw the mark and they figured out that we were bound. They threaten to kill you and they put me in chains. They poked arrows at my wings and I stopped because I could feel the pain in you and me.

I will kill them the next time I see them. Don’t worry I will be aware next time. How did they know where we were going to be coming from?

I don’t know. Maybe they have people watching around their camp.

These people are weird. I am not like them. I need to ask mom about this. Are you going to back me on this?

Whatever you decide. No you are not like them. You may look like them but you are elf inside. You don’t hurt the people or eat them.