Chapter 12

I woke up and Eragon was asleep beside me I got up quietly and Eragon jumped up looking for danger. I shielded myself and Eragon reached my mind, where did you go?

“I am right here. Calm down and I will show myself.”

He calmed down and I let the shield down and sat down. He looked at me then Brioso. He tried to come to my mind but I blocked him and hid myself. He said, “I was trying to protect you from danger. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I am sorry.” After that I went to Mireldis and we went flying.

What did I do wrong? I wanted to go to the kitchen and get something to eat.

I believe you did nothing wrong but Eragon over reacted and he did say that he was sorry.

I know but right now I need to clear my mind of the anger that was building up.

I will clear it for you, and you need to say that your sorry for leaving. You and Eragon are wedded.

I will.

After my mind was clear we went to the house and Eragon was sitting in bed waiting for me. He had no anger in him. All he had was sorrow. I came in and sat in bed with him. He looked at his feet, refusing to look at me.

“Eragon look at me.” He looked at me.

“I am sorry for everything I did…”

“Shut up please. I am sorry for acting like that, I needed to get away for a few minutes. I know you are sorry so please quit saying that.”

“Ok I can do that.” I leaned to him and he put an arm around me. We sat there for hours not saying anything. It was morning and an elf came in and summoned me for trouble.

I got on Mireldis and Eragon looked at me and I said, “Are you coming, it is the ships. Get on Brioso. He needs to train with different things so he can get stronger.”

“Yeah, meet you there.”

Mireldis jumped in the air and we took it slow and waited for them to come. We hovered in the air, just out of reach of the arrows, above the boat. Eragon came fast and we landed on the deck and I jumped off Mireldis and was killing anyone who was coming with iron. Eragon had a sword and Brioso was clawing at them. I got on Mireldis and watched them fight. Mireldis burned anyone who came near.

Eragon jumped on Brioso and took air. Mireldis breathed fire and burned the boat and let it burn. Mireldis turned around and was headed home and Eragon close behind.

What bothers you? Are you happy that Eragon has fought with you today? You know that was the last ship that comes for us. Eragon wants a kid and you told him when the ships come no more.

I know that is not what I was worried about. Eragon has grown stronger and he lives among the elves and he has almost completed his training. I want a kid too but it would be hard.

You are new to all this but over the years you will learn and so will Eragon. I may not be human but I know love when I see it. You have it in you but you refuse it when come near Eragon. Let it go and love Eragon. I know you better than anyone else.

Ok I will try. This is different than any other things I have tried. Are you not jealous?

Not at all.

Really. Are you sure, I can help you find someone you could stay with.

No. It is my duty to keep my rider safe from harm. I will keep that vow. I will find someone when danger is gone.

Are you sure. To you it is not fair.

I am sure.

Ok well we want a kid now. I understand the dangers but Eragon wants a kid and he is growing impenitent. Please don’t hurt him.

I won’t but you might. You are young and the desire for sex. If you can hold some of it back you would be fine and so will he. That is all I am saying.

I know. But to me I am not ready. I didn’t want all this.

You will in time.

Ok. We reached the house and I got off Mireldis and she looked at me. I smiled and walked inside. I went to the kitchen, and got out the grapes. Eragon came in and ate some with me. I cleaned up and let Eragon go to the room. I knew he wanted to do it tonight. I let him control me just once. I walked to the room and I took my clothes off. He did the same and we got it on.

After a while I was asleep. I was really tired. I worked too hard too much. Eragon was asleep beside me. An elf came in and asked for my company at the castle. I told him to go and I got dressed. Mireldis was by the door and I jumped on her back and we were off to the palace.

The queen wanted to know if I was alright. I think she was keeping a close watch on me. I told her I was fine. Then it hit. My stomach hurt badly. I sat down and leaned against Mireldis and waited for it to pass.

She knew as did the queen. They put me in a room that let Mireldis move freely. She told me to stay here and don’t go home. I sat there and waited for the queen to let me go home. Eragon was called to the palace and he was escorted to my room. I looked at him and looked away.

The first night this happens I am put at the palace. The bed was in the middle of the room and Mireldis put a wing over me and I went to sleep. She curled around me and went to sleep. I didn’t know if Eragon left. I know Brioso wasn’t in the room. He never came in because Mireldis. She was protective of me towards him. I was a female and he thought he could control me but Mireldis attacked him. Eragon told him not to mess with me because Mireldis.

I was not allowed out of the palace. Mireldis would leave long enough to eat and then she would come back. She had someone in the room with me at all times. They were scared or her because she was a dragon and she was mean.