Chapter 4: Wait...What?

October 31st 2017 Rae's 16th birthday. 7:00am

"Rae. Rae wake up. RAE I SAID GET UP!! My mom yelled. She was beginning to get annoyed. Honestly I heard her the first 100 times she said it but I had ignored her not wanting to get up. I lifted my head up and saw my mom looking down at me excitedly.

"Happy birthday baby! You've grown up into such a beautiful young woman. I'm so proud of you more than you will ever know." I saw her tearing up and quickly hit her with my pillow.

"Mom it's way to early for your mushy stuff." I said as we both started laughing. "It's my birthday you know you could have let me sleep in." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"No sweetheart normal kids go to school on their birthday and so are you. Knowledge waits for no one." She said with a serious look on her face. "Now get up let's go school is in session. If your not down there in ten minutes young lady I'll give you detention.

"Ha ha very funny." I said sarcastically. "I'll be right down  mom."

I hurried up and went into my closet to pick out an outfit. I was only staying in the house so I threw on a pair of black Nike yoga pants and a black tank top. I also threw on my black Nike slides and a pair of cute zebra print white and black socks. It was always easier for me to learn when I was comfortable. I than went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth than checked myself out in the mirror. I'm not bragging but I wasn't a bad looking girl. Don't get me wrong I wasn't a super model but I was okay looking. I had long dirty blonde hair that went all the way down to my butt. I dyed it every month with different streaked colors. This month was purple and pink. I had bright blue eyes and my complexion was really fair. Being mostly Irish meant me and the sun really didn't mix. I wasn't fat but I definitely wasn't skinny. I loved my curves and my big butt was my favorite thing about my body. I put a snooki poof in my hair ( you know the girl from Jersey shore.) And ran down to start my classes.

My mother and I spent the morning on math and history. Than after lunch we went outside for English class because it was a beautiful fall day. Right when we were finishing up for the day my dad came rushing out if the back door.

"Miranda we have to leave at once we've been discovered." I couldn't understand what was going on but by the way my mom's face paled I knew It had to be serious.

" Discovered Aiden how? Is that even possible? What do we do now? This must be a mistake." My mom rambled on which was on nervous habit of hers.

"Oh Miranda I wish it was but the Beast called a meeting this morning. The doctor was caught. He gave up Rae to save himself. Her secret is out we must leave immediately. Luckily he did not give the name of the family hiding her or I would have never made it to warn you guys. Once they get here they will know that I have betrayed them. Rae I need you to go upstairs and pack everything you need. We won't be able to come back so anything you don't want to lose pack. We only have a short time so I need you to go now."

I was so confused what we're my parents talking about. Secrets, being discovered, The Beast, never coming back. This must be some sick joke. We were a normal boring family. I refused to get caught up in the moment and fall for their stupid prank. Than it hit me. How could I be so dumb. It was Halloween. We never celebrated it so I forgot that it was the same day as my birthday. Ever since I was young I had begged my parents to let me celebrate. They must have finally given in and planned a prank to scare me on Halloween. I had begged and pleaded and they had finally given in. They hated Halloween. It was almost as if the holiday offended them. They were the best they had put their feelings aside and planned a prank and trip for me. I didn't know they had it in them.

I started cracking up."I can't believe you guys went through all this trouble just to make me happy. I'm the luckiest girl in the world." They both looked at me like I was nuts.

"Rae this isn't a joke." His eyes softening. "We have kept a lot from you and I promise we will explain everything but right  now we have to go. I need you to go pack okay princess."

"Wow you guys are taking this act all the way huh? Well okay a surprise birthday trip sounds fun. I'm on it captain." They were still exchanging worried glances but opted to  remain quiet. I ran upstairs grabbed my luggage and started  throwing in my stuff in. I didn't know what the weather was like where we were going so I packed stuff for every occasion. It's good to be prepared right? I didn't have alot of sentimental stuff only the pictures of my parents and me. Also the very pretty necklace that my mom said belonged to her best friend. It was beautiful. It's pendant was a magic wand casting a stream of  stars. I had always felt drawn to it. I knew it had to come.

I turned around to find my parents standing in the doorway​. "You guys scared me. I didn't hear you come up."

"Sorry darling we really must go. They are waiting for us at the safe house. This house could be swarmed any minute. Are you ready Rae? My dad asked.

I nodded my head and turned around to grab my bags went I felt  something poke me in the back.

"I'm sorry Rae but until we explain everything the way we travel will be too much for you to handle. He tapped me again while muttering some words I couldn't understand. "Sleep  now my little Rae. When you awake everything shall be explained." That's all I heard before I fell fast asleep.