Always Together

Since then, Lucian never left my side. He already knew that my eyes didn't work, and volunteered to help me and stay by me forever. It was surprising to hear him propose such a thing like that. It made me happy to have him with me. We were already 15.

I sat up from my chair because of boredom and tried to take a few steps and try learning the shape of the room. But as soon as I took my 3rd step my foot hit the leg of something. I did fall, but my landing was soft. Lucian was standing infront of me quietly just in case I fell, and I did do so.

His arms were stretched out resembling a waiting hug into which I landed. My face hit his chest and my hands held onto his shoulders. "Ah, Lucian?" He chuckled, "Were you trying to move on your own again?", "Hmm hmm..."

"But you don't have to do that anymore, you know? I already promised to never leave you alone.", "Well, even so, I have to manage some things on my own."

"If you think so, then it's fine by me." He helped me sit down again. "I bought you something. Wait here."

He didn't leave the room, just walked a few steps and sat down to my right. I rested my head against his shoulder as I felt his weight moved the sofa pillows. "What is it??"

He moved it onto my lap, "Why don't you feel it for yourself?"

My fingers brushed against it with curiosity, "Ah, is it a new story? No, wait.. it was a weird circle-y spine.. A notebook?", "Yup, you guessed it~ But there is more to it than its cover. Open it."

There was a dry feeling and a pleasing scent on the pages that kind of resembled something... "Dried bluebells?", "Haha, your nose is incredible. You guessed it again." He flipped through the pages. Each one with a new scent and shape.

Time passed and the setting sun's light entered through the window. It burnt my skin and was too hot. I didn't like the sun that much. "Lucian.. the curtains.. it's hot." He placed the back of his hand on my forehead. I liked how they were so gentle while dealing with me and how cool they felt against my skin.

I wonder how they looked like....

"Oh no, your body temperature really is high. You've always been sensitive to heat haven't you? Don't worry, I'll turn on the air conditioner and close the windows right away."

"Yeah.."

The curtains moving and the windows sliding door hitting the frame, Lucian sat back next to me. "Hmm, it is going back to normal. Good." He opened the notebook again and continued flipping through its pages.

"Speaking of heat... Why don't we go to the beach or something? I am curious about what the sand feels like.", "Huh? Sure. That's actually really good idea. You've never really swam before either, right? I'll get to teach you something new~"

"Haha. I am looking forward to it then."

"Me too...."

There it is again... That soft touch on my forehead whenever I'm about to fall asleep. I really want to see him in my dreams...