Chapter 5

He ran his hands through his hair, something he did when he was nervous.

"You have to hear me out, okay?" He said, his voice gave me the impression he was worried and I didn't know what I was about to hear. I looked behind him and noticed three boys and a girl staring at me like they were waiting for something to happen. My gaze dropped to the floor and I tried to gain confidence for the situation I was about to endure.

"I will, Luke." I said, moving my eyes back up to his.

"When we first met, I had a girlfriend." He said, making my mouth open wide as I took in the fact that I had sex with a taken man.

"I was drunk and we were having a rough time in our relationship. When I saw you, I just knew you were what I needed to get my mind off of things. That's why I left so early." He said, looking down at the floor. I looked at the people behind him and I saw that the girl was in tears as she stared at me. It dawned on me that she was his girlfriend. I dropped my arms and rubbed my face, not caring if I messed up my makeup.

"Do you have a girlfriend right now?" I asked him.

"No! No I don't. We broke up about a week ago." He said, still not looking me in the eye. I shook my head, not knowing what to say. My phone started ringing, giving me an excuse to not say anything.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, my manager on the other side.

"Hey. Where are you? I knocked on your door for five minutes." He said and I heard the elevator in the background, letting me know he was just now leaving my floor.

"I'm at Madison Square Garden. Is everything okay?" I asked, not knowing what he needed me for.

"You have an important phone call. I'll just tell them to call you instead."

"Important? Who is it?" I asked, laying my head against the wall.

"Nick Cassavetes. The director of The Notebook and other movies like that. He wanted to ask you directly if you would star in one of his films." My manager said and I could tell he was excited. I was too, it was just hard to show at this moment.

"Okay, tell him to call me as soon as possible." I said, hanging up the phone and looking at Luke who now finally was making eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry." He said, moving closer to me.

"I don't like that, Luke. It could ruin my career. I had no clue you were in a relationship and that could cost me everything." I said, making him nod his head.

"It's not going to cost your career if no one else knows." I heard the girl say and I turned to look at her. She smiled gently before looking at Luke. My phone started ringing again, making me nervous as I was about to be on the phone with an absolutely beyond talented director.

"Hello?" I said into the phone once again, however this time I used my professional voice my manager told me I needed to.

"Skyler, how are you dear?" He said into the phone.

"I'm doing well, how are you?" I replied to him, hoping to not screw anything up.

"I'm so good. I have a question for you, I understand you are a busy person so I'll make this quick. I was wondering if you would be the star of my new movie." He said, making me smile as I was always excited for new parts.

"What is it about?" I asked, knowing I don't say yes to every part because I was picky with what I showed my fans.

"It's called Happier and it follows a girl after a break up with the love of her life. It shows the hardships of trying to get over the heartbreak and trying to start dating again." He answered and I knew I would do the part.