Not A Day Goes By

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose
Such a ray of light we never knew
Gone too soon, yeah
~Daughtry

~~~~~~~~~

It hasn't been the same. It's almost been a year and things weren't even close to getting back to normal.

Faraday realizes this, taking another swig of his drink while pacing in his bedroom. A year has gone by and still, no one bothers to even mutter a word about it. The seven men are dead quiet whenever their female counterpart's name is even mentioned.

Today could have been the day,
That you blow out your candles,
Make a wish as you close your eyes.

Today could have been the day,
Everybody was laughing,
Instead I just sit here and cry,

The date was, of course, a date not even Sam wants to mention. Matilda's birthday... the first of many that she wouldn't be here to celebrate.

Who would you be?
What would you look like,
When you looked at me for the very first time?
Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life.

Joshua looked on, out the window and to Rose Creek. After the incident, Sam decided for the team that in order to heal, they needed to call a place home for a while, and of course, the small town that owed them a great amount of gratitude will always be called home to them.

Not a day goes by,
That I don't think of you,
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose,
Such a ray of light we never knew,
Gone too soon, yeah.

Faraday didn't exactly agree with that statement. He was a bigger mess about his loss more than anyone, and maybe it was because he blamed himself. He couldn't call anyplace home when a part of his home that he had kept in his heart was gone.

Would you have been president
Or a painter, an author, or sing like your mother?
One thing is evident,
Would've given all I had,
Would've loved you like no other.

Who would you be,
What would you look like,
Would you have my smile and her eyes?
Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life.

It was his fault, he had said so, so many times. The gunfight... it should've been him. The team had been at a small supply station, and of course, Faraday smelled trouble and dove right into it. The team was spread out, taking time off from the rest of their gang before they kill each other. Matilda had taken it upon herself to stay by Faraday's side to keep him out of trouble, grabbing some supplies while she was at it. She had turned her back for a second, then spun around when she had heard a gunshot.

Not a day goes by,
That I don't think of you,
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose,
Such a ray of light we never knew,
Gone too soon, yeah.

Joshua couldn't even blink as he suddenly finds himself in the middle of a gunfight, ducking down behind a couple of rain barrels, both of his pistols in hand. He was grinning from ear to ear since he had been itching for a fight for weeks. He was enjoying himself, laughing while having a good time...

Then he heard an unnatural yelp from behind him. It almost sounds as though a small animal was in pain, and as he turned around he felt his blood run cold and his denial kicks in.

She was lying on the ground at an angle no human should physically lay in. Blood covered the whole right side of her torso, her eyes were gazing off at the sky, unresponsive.