Supernatural AU!

((All rights for the story arc and plot goes to Hazel_Athena from Archive of Our Own. They came up with this fantastic story called Come Bay At The Moon, and it got my gears going. My thanks to the author for the inspiration and the only rights I own to this story is my character.))

Emma was glad that she could take a break from lecturing everyone and being the Mother Hen of her pack with Tilda around. She felt as though she had to hold her pack's hand every step of the way, even though Sam was the Alpha leader. But, after Vasquez met Tilda and Joshua, two unexpecting supernatural hunters who fell in love with the biggest werewolf in the pack, Emma didn't realize that she no longer had to nanny her family. Tilda was doing all of that for her. Now, Emma can enjoy being a werewolf again and could loosen up and have as much fun as she once did when... Matthew was alive.

Emma didn't realize the freedom Matilda had bestowed upon her until one day when she was tending to her garden, elbow deep in dirt. From inside, she could hear shouts and something banging on the floor thanks to her sharp hearing. Growling and cursing under her breath, Emma went to stand up, brushing some of the grass stains from her knees but froze to the spot when she saw Teddy and Red sprinting out the back door. They were rushing to get their shorts off and transform, racing into the forest on all fours, howling in a way that almost sounded like werewolf laughter. Emma appeared confused until she sees Tilda running out of the house and starting to go after them, but reverts to just screaming at them as their tails disappear into the brush.

"And don't come back into the house until you've cleaned up and don't smell like road kill! But you better be back before supper!"

Tilda was stunned, to say the least when she heard laughter coming from behind her. Turning around, Tilda witnesses Emma laughing the loudest she's ever heard her muster. Tilda didn't even know Emma was capable of anything besides snickering! Emma calms down and reverts to a smirk, "So, what'd they do?"

Tilda's face darkens and snarls, turning her head to stare into the forest, "They were playing around and knocked over my art easel. Next time, I'll buy one made out of silver."

Emma snorts, "Silver only stings werewolves; it won't kill us."

"Touché," Matilda responds with a playful grin.

"Indeed," Emma replied with an evil smile. Sometimes, she liked Tilda's dark humor.

When learning the truth that Tilda and Joshua were hunters, it didn't settle well with anyone, not even Vasquez. After learning that Bogue hired the two hunters, all Hell broke loose. Alejandro couldn't trust the two hunters he loved so much and grew distant from his pack as they tried to figure out a way around their situation. Bogue was closing in on them, and it didn't help that both Josh and Tilda were supporting him. Granted, neither of the hunters knew that Vas was part of the wolf pack they were hunting for, but it didn't give them the excuse to be hunting supernatural beings they didn't understand. Hunters kill monsters; it was as simple as that.

But not to Joshua or Tilda. When they found out that the actual werewolves they were hunting were their friends, they tried to get away from Bogue, but he wouldn't break the contract with them and tried keeping the two hunters on a leash to get the werewolves to come to him. Despite how Alejandro tried not to love them because of their betrayal, he couldn't help but go back for Tilda and Faraday. He didn't care if they were set as bait, and neither did the other pack members as they came to his aid.

The small rescue mission turned into all-out war, and in the process, Emma had killed Bogue to avenge her husband but Joshua was shot multiple times while trying to save the werewolves' lives. He had been in the hospital for weeks, barely holding onto life, and Matilda barely left his side. When the doctors told Alejandro that Josh would still need watching-over after he gets out of the hospital, he decides to confront his pack about the issue at hand, and they did a vote on if they should let two hunters come and live with them for a little while.