Chapter 1 - Escape

Running. I cant fight, Wren thought to herself. She could hear the rapid, constant footsteps behind her. Tears stream down her face as she bolts through the forest. She let out a cry as she fell to the hard groud. She felt bood run from her forehead. She waited to be grabbed and plunged into darkness, but it never happenened.

She heard a loud grunt and turned around slowly. A tall, chocolate skinned woman loomed over her. The woman was turned away from her. She had short, coily hair that was close to her head. Wren looked past her to see the crowd of destroyers closing in. Panic filled her head as she backed up against a tree. She closed her eyes.

Nova turned to see the small lady cowering agaisnt a tree. The destroyers retreat, realizing they couldnt get to Wren. Nova observed her for a few moments before walking over to her. Wren has short, messy hair that framed her face nicely. Her hair was a brown-blonde color matched her eyebrows. Her dress, which normal would look beautiful and green, was torn and matted. Pity filled Nova's head as she walked over to the small figure that lie against the tree.

" Hey, are you alright?" Nova asks, crouching and gently placing her hand on Wren's arm. Wren looked up with her striking green eyes, which were filled with tears. She took a shaky breath before promtly passing out. Nova yelped and caught her as she fell forward. She lifted Wren up off the ground and looked around.

"How did you even get this far without the guards coming for you...?" She mumbled to herself quietly. She started to walk to a small house where Nova lived, so that she could tend to Wren's wounds.

( A/N -- The first chapter is done! This is a project ive been cultivating for a few months, and im so excited to finally do it! I hope you enjoy the story!
~MadiHazard)