Chapter 3 - Powers

The crash rang through the house, startling the two. Wren's breathing picked up as Nova went to grab her staff. She clung to her side as they went around the house, checking for intruders. All they found was a broken window, and black sludge on a piece of broken glass. Wren didnt know what the sludge was, but Nova recognized it. Destroyer blood.

Nova stared breifly at it before clasping a hand over Wren's arm, leading her to the kitchen once more. " Stay right in there until I come back to this room. I will say to come out and you will quickly grab my hand and we will leave. There is something.. Unsafe... Here." Nova frantically whispered, leading her to a cabinet. Wren quickly got into the cabinet and waited silently, trying to keep her calm and focused on the sounds outside.

Nova frantically ran around the house, gathering two bag full of important items that would be useful. Swiss knifes, blankets, etc.
She was just about done when she heard a low growl. Her eyes widen slightly as she rushed quietly to the kitchen. A huge destroyer was looming over the cabinet where Wren hid. Nova was frozen, trying to figure out what to do, when the beast opened the cabinet.

Wren looked up, fear suddenly filled her face and eyes. She looked past it slightly to see Nova standing frozen. Tears welled up in her eyes as she rose her leg and kicked it square in the chest. The kick knocked it to the floor, suprising the whole room. Nova sprung into action and whipped her staff out. She pinned it down, lost as what to do next. "W-wren?" She said, the beast was starting to regain strength. Wren suddenly shoved Nova out of the way and raised her hands. Intense, purple mist shot from her hands, pertifing the monster. The beast started to become crystals, from the center of the chest outwards.

The beast was dead, merely a statue, as Wren stood in front of it out of breath. Nova stared at her, noticing she was rapidly becoming more and pale. "Wren..?" Nova walked forward nervously, slightly scared. Wren turn to her, her hands still raised. Nova stopped, noticing the fear still lingering on her face. Wren looked at her, processing the actions that just took place. Her head started spinning as she fell towards the ground rapidly, but she never hit the floor.

Nova kept her arms around Wren protectively. Tears fell from her eyes as she carried her outside to her horse, Lightning. She mount the packs onto the horse and she hoisted herself and Wren on as well. Lightning started slow, and gained speed, heading westward.