1 . THE NEW GIRL

I just moved to this new town. I know probably every story starts like this. But everything I can tell you is that I was in love. And it felt different. Different from the stories I've read or the crushes I had on some boys. I liked him for who he was and how I felt when I was with him. But let me start from the beginning...

I started moving towards my new school. Liberty High. My parents worked all day and I had to drive by myself in the Mini Cooper I got for my 16th birthday. I went to the school director who wanted to welcome me to the new school and give me my timetable. He was pretty busy so he kept it short.
Room 201. This should be my first destination. Feeling like an idiot walking around  I was looking for it but couldn't find it. My forehead started sweating. That moment when you're late to class and the door is closed and when you open it and everyone looks at you. Yeah. I hated it. But now it was too late, because when I found the room I already was 7 minutes late. Slightly I knocked on the door just to open it a few seconds later. I forced myself not to look at any of the student's faces but the one of the teacher. The class was really loud when I opened the door. Laughter, Talking and singing filled the room's air.

,,Excuse me. I couldn't find the room. My name is...", I started but was quickly interrupted.
,,Zach Dempsey! For god's sake can you shut up once?", she screamed at someone in the room. I just looked at her and down to my feet. Another boy laughed even louder after the teacher screaming.
,,You think that's funny Bryce? You're staying longer after this lesson.'' The brown haired woman that was around 45 years old shakes her head at that guys behavior until she finally remembers me standing right next to her.
,,Sorry sweety, what was your name again?", she asks me in a much nicer way now.
,,My name is Ashleigh Gun. I.. I couldn't find the room and..''
,,Wait, you didn't get someone to show you around? Hm.. that brings me to an idea.", she quickly turned around and looked at someone deeply. This time I followed her eyes to look at a guy in class. He looked half Asian half American. He wore a sports jacket what probably means he's in a sports team. He's obviously a loud jerk. He was really tall and muscular because the jacket fit his body really well. I have to admit that he's handsome.
You could tell from the teachers devil smile that she had an idea.
,,Zach, honey, you're going to show Ashleigh around in this school!'', she said with a triumphing smile.
I inhaled the air quickly and my face started to heat up because now the whole class was looking at me. All the jocks started scanning me. That was the first time that our eyes met.. Zach and mine. When he saw me his annoyed expression immediately softened. He even started smirking. I just looked away. The jocks started cheering and tackling that Zach guy. Idiots.
,,I'll excuse you guys so you can start your tour right after English! Anyways, let me introduce myself. My name is Mrs. Scapter. I'm your English teacher. Class, this is Ashleigh. She's new her so be kind as always.'', she gave a wink at the class and showed me a free seat in the back of the class. I walked past some girls and the boys tables that stared at me. I sat down next to a pretty girl with curly brown hair. She smiled at me. After checking if the teacher was looking in our direction she whispered: ,, Hey I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you.''
I smiled. She was one of the girls you immediately liked. She is beautiful and has this nice aura. We stopped chatting when we catched Mrs. Scapter glancing at us. I rummaged through my black leather bag for a pen and a notebook. Putting the notebook on my table I looked for a pencil on Jessica's table. Suddenly a big hand handed me a pencil. I looked up. It was this Zach guy with a pretty muscular arm. He sat diagonally on the left from me. ,,Thank you'', I whispered . ,,Not for that.'', he said, a smile curling on his face. I saw him exchanging looks with another jock who whistled quietly in my direction.

The lesson goes on and on and on and somehow I just drifted away

The lesson goes on and on and on and somehow I just drifted away. My thoughts brought me to the reason we moved here. Why my father cheated on my mother with a 15 years younger woman. Why my mother has to travel so often and I have to stay alone at home most of the time. Yeah I know, most of the teenage kids want their parents to stay out of town so they can secretly throw huge houseparties or let their boyfriend/girlfriend stay over the nights. Well yes, of course it's a nice thing to do. But when your parents aren't only gone for 2 or 3 weekends a year it's something else. You might feel lonely. Me personally, I loved spending time with my parents. Am I an awkward teenage kid now? Well, maybe. But sometimes you just don't want to be alone. Sometimes you need someone to be with you. Even if these people are your parents. While looking out of the window I actually stared deep down into my soul. Until.... ,,Ashleigh?", Jessica asked in my direction while tapping my arm that was laying on the table. I instantly woke up from my daydream and stared at Mrs. Scapter that was staring at me. ,,Now Ashleigh, our new topic is wishes, dreams and future. What were you dreaming about? Because when you're doing that in my class you'll have to share it, honey.''
My face turned into a tomato red and everyone was staring at me. Jessica chuckled. ,,Uh... I...'', I started but was directly interrupted by Jessica: ,,Mrs.Scapter, she was obviously dreaming about her crush. And looking into this crowded class I'd even point my finger on Zach Dempsey. Because him staring at Ashleigh the whole lesson makes me wonder if he wants to be the guy being on her mind.'',she ended her speech with a bright smile in my direction. The whole class breaks into laughter and the jocks start to cheer at Zach again. I just wanted to run out of this school into my new bedroom and lay in bed for the next 10 years. But Jessica is really funny. I don't know what to think about her speech. I mean in one hand she saved me from coming up with an awkward story about what I dreamed of, and in the other hand she made the whole class laugh about me... or about Zach? But looking at her and her guilty smile she might did not want to hurt me. I started grinning while looking at Jessica's bright and guilty smile.
The school bell started ringing before Mrs. Scapter could say anymore to Jessica. ,,Zach, don't forget to show Ashleigh around, alright ?'', she screamed over the class moving and talking.

I put my English book back in my bag and recognized the pencil still laying on my table. I kept the timetable in my hand when Jessica came to my table to take it of my hand to read it. ,,See you at lunch ?'',she asked me while heading out of the room. There was only Zach and me left in the room. I took the pencil and moved over to him packing his stuff. ,,Thanks again!", I said looking on the ground. He stood up being much taller than me. He went a slightly red in the face and took the pencil. ,,Hey... I know it's pretty annoying to show me around. You don't have to though.. I'll find everything myself. '', I said moving to the door and waiting for a reaction. ,,Wait.. no it's, it's alright. I'll show you.'',he said with a warm smile that made my heart skip a beat.

-

// Hey guys, I'm from Germany and this is my first ever published fanfiction! I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think about it! Please give me a feedback in the comments and vote ! :) As I Said I'm from Germany and there might be some grammar or time mistakes :/ Love for you all !! Thanks for reading //